I know many are very confident...

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Let me just say I am proud of our team. They are a "team", they play hard and they don't give up. All things I admire about our football team.

I however don't think this upcoming game versus FSU will be easy or that we will win by a large margin. I know many have watched FSU struggle all year long, but what I saw is a team that has a QB throw 4 interceptions, 125 yards and STILL beat a Florida team that was playing for their coach.

I think their Defense is very athletic, and their corners were pressing UF's receivers all day. I think Kelly is going to do much the same that UGA was doing, firing them off the edge. I think it will be a dog fight.

I would feel way better if Smelter was healthy and ready to go.

What say you?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
all true GTrob, it will be a tough game. AND we have nothing to lose in this game. We win, we knock a 28 win streak team out of the final 4; we lose, we are just notch 29 for FSU and we still go to the Orange bowl with something to prove against another excellent conference team. We can come in loose for this game but with our knock them down, keep on fighting mindset. I still like our chances now that I have seen what this team can do against Clemson and UGA. THWG!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I agree Rob. However, as I heard a talking head say on the radio yesterday...."If UF had an offense, they would have won." We, sir, have an offense, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU is a very very good team. I don't think it will take much game film for our players to realize that. Fortunately so are we.

Plus we have the extra distreaction of the disciplinary hearing disrupting Jameis's preparation (NOTE: I have a little theory that Jameis's off the field legal defense issues can explain his first half issues because it does not leave him much time to fully prepare for opponents before seeing them on Saturday)

Animal02

Banned
Considering most "experts" had us as bottom dwellers in the Coastal at the beginning of the season and many Tech "fans" believing that the bowl streak was in jeopardy.......here we are in Dec. playing in the ACCCG against a team that is undefeated and the reigning NC ....and we are only an underdog by a couple of points............CoJacket is right....we have nothing to lose, and everything to win.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Let me just say I am proud of our team. They are a "team", they play hard and they don't give up. All things I admire about our football team.

I however don't think this upcoming game versus FSU will be easy or that we will win by a large margin. I know many have watched FSU struggle all year long, but what I saw is a team that has a QB throw 4 interceptions, 125 yards and STILL beat a Florida team that was playing for their coach.

I think their Defense is very athletic, and their corners were pressing UF's receivers all day. I think Kelly is going to do much the same that UGA was doing, firing them off the edge. I think it will be a dog fight.

I would feel way better if Smelter was healthy and ready to go.

What say you?
Yep. this will be a tough one. I have a feeling FSU hasn't played up to their potential yet. Hopefully this will still be the case this weekend.

96Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
My main worry is that we always seem to tighten up when all eyes are on us and we are set up for success (see: Duke and UNC letdowns after breaking streaks against Miami and VT.) Apart from that, I'm pretty confident about Saturday.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
We've had a great season as a whole. But I saw several players take it to another level against UGAg for us. I'm believing those guys found something in themselves they didn't know they had, and are ready to bring it again against FSU. If we do, I think we'll win. I think about FSU like I did about Clemson. They're a really good team, but after 12 games playing that way (squeaking it out against everyone), that is who they are: very good, but beatable.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
hope our guys come in relaxed. we win, orange blow. we lose, orange bowl. either way its a spectacular season. if anyone has to be going in tight, it's gotta be FSU. they've been barely hanging on and deep down inside, they know we're a good team with an effective, keep away, offense.

i love this match up.

Whatllyahave

Georgia Tech Fan
Whatever happens next, this has been a memorable season. Without a pass rush I think Winston will torch us. Maybe we can outscore them...that's our best chance IMHO. At least I think we have a chance in this one, something I haven't always been able to say in the past.

jacket1515

Georgia Tech Fan
hope our guys come in relaxed. we win, orange blow. we lose, orange bowl. either way its a spectacular season. if anyone has to be going in tight, it's gotta be FSU. they've been barely hanging on and deep down inside, they know we're a good team with an effective, keep away, offense.

i love this match up.

You gotta love the orange blow, although I'm not sure what the NCAA would say about that. :)

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
My main worry is that we always seem to tighten up when all eyes are on us and we are set up for success (see: Duke and UNC letdowns after breaking streaks against Miami and VT.) Apart from that, I'm pretty confident about Saturday.
IMHO UNC was not a let down. Our defense had not jelled yet. We did not play well against Duke but we would have won that one had the Zebras not been so helpful to Duke. Each game has made our TEAM better. We still are not at the top of our full potential.

As CPJ said, our boys were fired up for Georgia but they have to channel that emotion into proper execution. Emotion alone does not get you there.
Sabin had similar comments about Bama's first half against Auburn.

I love this team in that they seem to make it like a business. Work hard to put the plan together and then execute it always giving it 110%.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
The big issue that concerns me is depth. FSU plays with fire all game, then by the late third quarter and into the 4th quarter their ridiculous depth takes over. Teams get worn down, make mistakes. If we can get on them early we'll have a fighting chance, otherwise we'll be in trouble. I don't know that we can survive an onslaught from that offense when it's clicking. Hopefully Jameis will have other things on his mind like crab legs or the results of a disciplinary hearing.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
If nothing else, this last month has taught me that I have no idea of just how well this team can play. I think Johnson had an idea what he had in August based on his preseason demeanor. In college football when a team becomes convinced they are good, then they are good. You don't want to set foot on the field with us right now. I expect them to be relaxed, outrageously confident, and executing at a very very high level offensively and defensively. The FSU team that played the first half against Miami will be gutted. The FSU team that played the second half against Miami had better show up for the entire game. If they do, then FSU probably wins. I'm fine with that. What a season. Went from dying inside during the second half against GSU to can now hardly wait for Saturday night when we grab hold of the seminoles.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not confident about anything. FSU is more talented than we are and their defense is just as talented as any offense we have played, not to mention their offense.

thwgjacket

I'm not confident about anything. FSU is more talented than we are and their defense is just as talented as any offense we have played, not to mention their offense.
Their Defense is not as good as Clemson's. Probably not VT's either. ugaG's offense is better. If you look at stats they are the 7th best D we will have faced.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
As someone who's a big fan of stats, I just throw them out when it comes to FSU. You just don't know from quarter to quarter (maybe play to play) if you're going to get the well coached group of super talents or the group of young guys who lose focus.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Plus we have the extra distreaction of the disciplinary hearing disrupting Jameis's preparation (NOTE: I have a little theory that Jameis's off the field legal defense issues can explain his first half issues because it does not leave him much time to fully prepare for opponents before seeing them on Saturday)

When is the hearing?

Watching his face against Florida, he never seemed to fully focus like he has in the past games when I've watched him. That said, Clemson lost to his backup so he is not the whole team by any means.