I have a question ( not about a Head Coach) but a question about next year on defense

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Everyone is worried about the next head Coach (and yes, I am also) but I have a question about our defense. I would have to say Thomas and Eley are our best defensive players, yes I know our DB's have player well this year.
who the heII are we going to have to play LB's to replace them? I'm not see much on the roster and I think we have 2 that have committed (which Key recruited) but I don't see them being any help next year. Everyone talks about our OL and DL but what would have the defense looked like this year without Thomas and Eley.
Any ideas about LB's next year?

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Everyone is worried about the next head Coach (and yes, I am also) but I have a question about our defense. I would have to say Thomas and Eley are our best defensive players, yes I know our DB's have player well this year.
who the heII are we going to have to play LB's to replace them? I'm not see much on the roster and I think we have 2 that have committed (which Key recruited) but I don't see them being any help next year. Everyone talks about our OL and DL but what would have the defense looked like this year without Thomas and Eley.
Any ideas about LB's next year?
The LB kid from Buford had good HS tape and has good size. I look forward to seeing him.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ashton Heflin is going to be a player in time. I think Jacob Cruz at 6’5” is going to fill out and become a DE putting his hand down, becoming part of the rush.

malak05

Jolly Good Fellow
Tatum has some game experience. Tyson Meiguz and Franks were solid high prospects and have atlethic ability similar to Thomas. Efford is another guy with potential. You are right though we got some potential with little experience. Getting a plug in play LB like we did with Eley from the Transfer portal maybe huge this off-season. Losing the 2 LBs and K. White will hurt for sure we do have a little more depth at the D line and highly touted prospects like Lockett, Miles, and Kennard.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Someone else came up with his name and the correct HS…Kyle Eiford from Dacula. I thought he was another Buford talent.
I was hoping he would see 4 games exp at least.Not getting in there at all is not a good sign probably. bw-He was actually also a bull of a RB in hi school.Would luv to see him blocking or running in short yardage.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Count me as not impressed by our backup linebackers. Get two now from the portal and I mean two good ones that can start. We really need to get a coach on board.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Tatum has some game experience. Tyson Meiguz and Franks were solid high prospects and have atlethic ability similar to Thomas. Efford is another guy with potential. You are right though we got some potential with little experience. Getting a plug in play LB like we did with Eley from the Transfer portal maybe huge this off-season. Losing the 2 LBs and K. White will hurt for sure we do have a little more depth at the D line and highly touted prospects like Lockett, Miles, and Kennard.
LB walk-on Taylor McCawley is special teams captain, has been in the system 3 years, and has some game experience at LB. He has good speed and weighs 220 +. We probably need the players you mentioned, McCawley, and a really good portal LB.