I have a gut feeling.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I don't know why I feel like this, especially after 9-25 over the last 3 years. But I have a gut feeling that this season we'll be alright. That's all I can say. Call me crazy, heck I might be wrong and we could suck again this year, but I feel like something will click this year. There's several factors that could lead to some success this season. First, our team knows they're playing for the coach's job. Collins might not be the best coach (so far he is far from it) but most players (even the ones who transfer out) seem to like the guy. I was at a scrimmage a few weeks ago. It is evident that the whole team has a bigger sense of urgency. They know it is do or die this year and look a lot more organized and professional. Second, despite all the people who transferred out, our roster still probably improved this year. A lot of transfers, especially at the RB, OL, WR, and DB positions will help us a lot. We also have some decent freshmen coming in. The QB room is loaded with options. Sims will start. Sims can be a good QB if he fixes one word. Inconsistent. At the scrimmage he looked a lot better and a lot more accurate. But, if he still does not pan out, we have three other options in Gibson, Taishun, and Pyron to put in. Another thing that could point to a good season is who we're playing for. Demaryius. It's ironic that we open the year with Clemson because that's who Bay Bay always seemed to play his best games against. We got a lot of hungry young guys, we got something to prove, these things point to possible success.

AGAIN, I could be drinking Kool Aid. I might be completely wrong and we suck again this year. But it's better to have some hope to keep your heart going than have no hope at all.
Go Jackets.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I share your feeling. Something just seems…*different* about this team. From how the coaches sound, player input, idk something seems different. We will find out in about 1.5 weeks.

I just pray I don’t get let down again. I can’t handle another opening season loss to Clemson. I can’t handle another miserable football season. I can’t handle losing anymore. For the sake of my football fandom and sanity, I need to see some wins. I just want to have fun again. It’s been years since I’ve truly had fun watching my favorite team.

If any fan base deserves to catch a break, it’s ours.

With all that being said…

KILL THE TIGER! GO JACKETS! THWg!!

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
I share your feeling. Something just seems…*different* about this team. From how the coaches sound, player input, idk something seems different. We will find out in about 1.5 weeks.

I just pray I don’t get let down again. I can’t handle another opening season loss to Clemson. I can’t handle another miserable football season. I can’t handle losing anymore. For the sake of my football fandom and sanity, I need to see some wins. I just want to have fun again. It’s been years since I’ve truly had fun watching my favorite team.

If any fan base deserves to catch a break, it’s ours.

With all that being said…

KILL THE TIGER! GO JACKETS! THWg!!
just imagine if we win :)

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know if I share your optimism, but it should would be great if the things under our control clicked into place. If that happens, it remains to be seen how we stack up against a tough schedule but I would feel much better about the future. The last 3 years have been dismal, a large part because there was no hope of turning a corner.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Compared to the last three years, I do feel more optimistic about the coaches and our team. Then I look at our schedule. It’s brutal.
If we make it into October with a 2-2 record, I will know that we are moving the needle, may have a good season going, and I will attend every game possible.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
As bad as the losses to Citadel, Temple, and NIU are, WESTERN CAROLINA IS TRASH compared to them. So for now, I mark that as a W. (if we lose collins is fired) So the goal for the other three games is to at least manage to pull off one upset so we can be .500 headed into ACC play.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Of course we will improve. Last season was the worst season I’ve ever seen from a GT team. Just total ineptitude in all phases of the program. I believe we will be better because it’s hard to be that bad 2-3 years in a row. We’ll win 4-5 games because we’ll play better more times than last year and we are due for some breaks. But, in the end our opponents are also trying to improve and have a lot to prove themselves. I’d feel better about Clemson if they had made the playoffs last year. But they have more on the line this season than any other team and Dabo knows how to pull the strings “at a high level” because he’s actually done it.