1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

I have a 20 year old grandaughter

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by grandpa jacket, Feb 13, 2020.

1. grandpa jacket

grandpa jacket Helluva Engineer

She is a soph at Ga State. I worry about her safety. Would you let your daughter attend Ga State or Ga Tech and live on campus

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

[​IMG]

JacketGirl and THWG like this.
  3. GTRules

GTRules Jolly Good Fellow

You should lock her in a cabin on your farm in Hahira.

LargeFO likes this.
  4. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

The Liberal Left strikes again. Don’t let your granddaughter hang around THOSE people. She might actually start associating with them.

5. deeznats

deeznats Helluva Engineer

Can't really say for sure without pics.

dtm1997 and jpilgrim6 like this.
  6. grandpa jacket

Crime around downtown Atlanta is for real and get a clue, it is not a black or white problem

awbuzz likes this.
  7. LibertyTurns

Why are the Liberal Leaders incapable of running anything without completely screwing it up? Atlanta is dominated by Liberal leadership, ran & owned by Liberals for decades. The type of Liberals you don’t like live there. Why is that?

Why do Liberals of means hate living in the very communities they’re responsible for running? Why can’t a Liberal run a school that works properly? Why can’t a Liberal maintain basic law & order in their town? Why do Liberals of means hide behind their gates, hire armed protection and send their kids to special schools to avoid the ones they own and operate?

These types of questions are key to understanding what you’ve done to damage our nation and wreak havoc on the portion of our citizenry most in need of our help. It’s really sad Gramps that your legacy has destroyed multiple generations of families instead of enacting policies to make them successful. Sad indeed.

8. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

What the heyul is going on in this thread?

To the OP, I'd let my daughter go to school downtown. It's not any safer in rural or "suburban" areas.

Lotta Juice, JacketRacket and slugboy like this.
  9. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

10. kg01

Bottom line is you can't live life scared. Obviously, don't do dumb sh*t but you can't live in a freaking bubble worrying about what the 'news' tells you might happen.

deeeznutz and bwelbo like this.
  11. grandpa jacket

A mind is a terrible thing to waste

JacketRacket likes this.
  12. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

You learn a LOT about your fellow posters in the Lounge. It's probably best if you have a drink (or five) before venturing to the Lounge...

13. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Yes, so why have you wasted yours clinging to liberal hypocrites and their non-working policies?

14. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

Others say a waist is a terrible thing to mind.

JacketRacket likes this.
  15. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Would it be terrible to mine a waste?

16. LibertyTurns

If this was a Republican the claim would be racist dog whistling. Turn it around and use Liberal logic on a Democrat and the same racist dog whistling claims are dismissed. Sorry Gramps, you don’t understand hypocrisy when it slams you square in the face.

17. grandpa jacket

About the quality of a response i should have expected, crime is not only in certain neighborhoods. Parkland High was a very affluent area but , whatever you know it all.

18. ramblinwreckguru

ramblinwreckguru Helluva Engineer

I think you just answered your own question. Why would the GA Tech and GA State campuses be any less safe than any other affluent area?

19. LibertyTurns

Dog whistle, it’s because of the types of people live near there.

My son lives in that area but then again he’s got a full year tan so we probably fit in living with those types of people.

20. kg01

Dafuq is wrong with y'all?!

This is what I get for traipsing into the Lounge, huh?

This is like being outta town and walking into a bar hoping to get a stiff drink. Only you look around and folks are dressed 'funny' and seem way too into looking deeply into your eyes.

At that point, you jus' walk out slowly and hope nobody saw you come in.

Yeah, that's how y'all are making me feel rite now. Y'all are playing by a totally differen't set o' rules in this game.