i had this dream( nightmare) last night

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I have been watching this blog too much. It crept into my dreams last night.
We were attending the Clemson game this weekend , proud to watch our son play.
It was a spectacular day for tailgating and we were excited , but not overly optimistic , about the game we were about to watch.
After the game began , we could sense that we were watching a different Tech team than we have been seeing on the field for the past two games. We were hitting on all cylinders , crisp blocking, sure handed tackling , accurate passing , powerful running, stuffing runs, getting to their QB. Our STs were lights out , too. We were going crazy !
End of 1st qtr. tied at 7-7 !
2nd qtr. fighting them tooth and nail , it's 10-10 at halftime.
We take the 3rd qtr. KO and march 75 yards , mostly running to go ahead 17-10.
Into the 4th quater , we maintain the lead. All the networks are watching the " upset alert " ! Tech is beating Clemson in the 4th qtr. ! Clemson does not quit, however , and with a determined drive , converting 4 3rd downs , they run a trick play and catch us out of position for a 32 yard TD pass, with 46 seconds to go, Tied 17-17. We start at our 27 with 41 seconds left. Mason up the gut for 9. Pass to Stewart for 8 and a first down and out of bounds. At our own 44 with 28 seconds left and one time out. Clemson stuffs Marshall on the mesh , he loses the ball momentarily , but regains control at our 40. Only 19 seconds now remain. Long pass incomplete. 3rd down 14 to go with 13 seconds. Marshall completes a long pass over the middle to Searcy for 28 yards to the Clemson 32. We have 8 seconds and a 50 yard FG attempt. Due to the starting FG kicker getting injured on a kickoff, CPJ calls on the backup kicker - OUR SON:sick:.
He trots on the field , they line up . Right before the ball is snapped , Dabo calls a quick timeout to ice him.
He paces around , making practice kicks , trying to act calm. The timeout ends , the teams line up again. My wife and I are almost too nervous to watch ! As if in slow motion, the ball is snapped , placed by the holder , our boy swings his right leg and the kick is away. Up , and up it goes. From our vantage point it looks straight enough, but it's going to be very , very close. Slowly the ball descends, end over end. We close our eyes !! And then , a huge ROAR from the crowd !! We cannot remember Grant field ever being that loud !! Could it be another miracle ?
We open our eyes and see the ball resting on the field, just under the crossbar , but all the cheering is coming from the 35,000 Clemson fans in attendance. We are momentarily confused, but quickly, sickeningly, realize the kick had fallen short ! So close , but yet so far away.
Maybe I DO need to step away from the blogs for a while......

Deleted member 2897

Maybe I have been watching this blog too much. It crept into my dreams last night.
It was a spectacular day for tailgating and we were excited , but not overly optimistic , about the game we were about to watch.
After the game began , we could sense that we were watching a different Tech team than we have been seeing on the field for the past two games. We were hitting on all cylinders , crisp blocking, sure handed tackling , accurate passing , powerful running, stuffing runs, getting to their QB. Our STs were lights out , too. We were going crazy !
Into the 4th quater , we maintain the lead. All the networks are watching the " upset alert " ! Tech is beating Clemson in the 4th qtr. ! Clemson does not quit, however , and with a determined drive , converting 4 3rd downs , they run a trick play and catch us out of position for a 32 yard TD pass, with 46 seconds to go, Tied 17-17. We start at our 27 with 41 seconds left. Mason up the gut for 9. Pass to Stewart for 8 and a first down and out of bounds. At our own 44 with 28 seconds left and one time out. Clemson stuffs Marshall on the mesh , he loses the ball momentarily , but regains control at our 40. Only 19 seconds now remain. Long pass incomplete. 3rd down 14 to go with 13 seconds. Marshall completes a long pass over the middle to Searcy for 28 yards to the Clemson 32. We have 8 seconds and a 50 yard FG attempt. Due to the starting FG kicker getting injured on a kickoff, CPJ calls on the backup kicker - OUR SON:sick:.
He trots on the field , they line up . Right before the ball is snapped , Dabo calls a quick timeout to ice him.
He paces around , making practice kicks , trying to act calm. The timeout ends , the teams line up again. My wife and I are almost too nervous to watch ! As if in slow motion, the ball is snapped , placed by the holder , our boy swings his right leg and the kick is away. Up , and up it goes. From our vantage point it looks straight enough, but it's going to be very , very close. Slowly the ball descends, end over end. We close our eyes !! And then , a huge ROAR from the crowd !! We cannot remember Grant field ever being that loud !! Could it be another miracle ?
We open our eyes and see the ball resting on the field, just under the crossbar , but all the cheering is coming from the 35,000 Clemson fans in attendance. We are momentarily confused, but quickly, sickeningly, realize the kick had fallen short ! So close , but yet so far away.

What happened in overtime?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Stop eating spicy foods before you go to bed! Also, go find some something to burn and reverse this juju!!!!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Some of them are on the way now to the game

94e4076897c104265a39da09184b4029.jpg

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
After a quick catnap at work, I saw laundry on the field. Roughing the kicker. 35 yarder for the win. Perfect. Steam roll the rest of the season and meet an undefeated uga team. Hmmmmm....
Bad Dawg.jpg

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I dreamed I ordered a pizza to sit back and watch the game, The doorbell rang and Dabo Sweeney was delivering the pizza in a purple sweat-suit pants and orange wife-beater top tucked in.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Great great post.
Content even made up content is way better than the circle of " coach better than previous coach, "
Thanks

Sweet dreams as I am pretty sure they were slightly offsides!
A late, very late flag from uga official that sticks it to clemson.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I had a nightmare that it was the 1994 season again:wideyed::confused::eek::vomit: