I had the chance to review tapes

alagold

Helluva Engineer
of our wins since I missed some.Several things jumped out at me.
1.With these guys , Gregory would have ONE game MAYBE.The difference is Pastner and his assts coaches.What a job! New motion offense which puts continuous pressure on def.New def zone which is well conceived and carried out.(with guards getting numbers of Rebs)
2.Lammers--on Offense. Just amazing progression(and some credit has got to go to JP).He is the HEART of the Off at hi and low post.Can score but also may be as good a passing big man as for a LONG time.(I've been watching for 60yrs).Takes pressure off others.Except that 15 ft fall-away nothing to correct.And smart
Oh,yeah,how about going from 49% FT to near 80.All-just amazing.ammers-Def
3.Lammers-Def--the BIG reason that we as good as we are on def.His presence is momumental.Plays LONG and HARD without fouling out..
Only goes in 1 yr from 15 mins a game and a good sub to 2nd in nation in blocked shots and a DEf rebounder of huge effect.Looks skinny/weak but hardly ever loses balls.
4.Okogie-a big athletic talent but w/o JP 's motion Off would foul-out with charges. I would like to know if shot hi school FTs at this %. -75.
5.They may be shortish but see how many balls we get down low. ie-vs unc,we stripped several balls ,and in all the games got on floor.
6.It looks like "coached" team .maybe short of shooting and size but a real threat because of organization.
7.Now JP has proven he can coach,he needs to get some size for the 18/19 season when Big Ben is gone and things will be harder with expectations higher.