I guess we should have known

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
it was going to be a terrible day when one of our guys, who was carrying the US flag as he ran out on to the field on hero's day, trips on Buzz and falls to the ground, dropping the flag to the turf in the process. To compound matters, he got up and ran away, leaving the flag on the ground?!? What the h&!! is that? I couldn't believe my eyes. We are going to be honoring those who have made sacrifices all day, but we start out by tossing the flag to the turf and running away scared? We talk about culture, effort, and building a program the right way.........

Am I making too much of this?

Animal02

Banned
it was going to be a terrible day when one of our guys, who was carrying the US flag as he ran out on to the field on hero's day, trips on Buzz and falls to the ground, dropping the flag to the turf in the process. To compound matters, he got up and ran away, leaving the flag on the ground?!? What the h&!! is that? I couldn't believe my eyes. We are going to be honoring those who have made sacrifices all day, but we start out by tossing the flag to the turf and running away scared? We talk about culture, effort, and building a program the right way.........

Am I making too much of this?
That is the new 404 culture.:rolleyes:

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Someone probably needs to talk to the kid about the flag being left on the ground. Thank goodness another player picked it up. And get that damn bug off the field. (Sorry. I'm in a bad mood).

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
It's just a symptom of thinking if you do a million things in a day, while not taking the time to actually excel at any of them, you think you had a good day. That's CGC entire program from the foundation up. Substitute quality for quantity and sell it as the best thing ever.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It's just a symptom of thinking if you do a million things in a day, while not taking the time to actually excel at any of them, you think you had a good day. That's CGC entire program from the foundation up. Substitute quantity with quality and sell it as the best thing ever.

That’s why I liked the 60’s Packers. Six plays. Everyone knew what they were gonna run. And no one could stop them. Lombardi insisted on perfection.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
That is the new 404 culture.:rolleyes:
Speaking of new culture, maybe someone should have whispered in the coach's ear, Georgia Tech has not been shut out at home since Eisenhower was president or people drove this car:
upload_2019-11-16_22-59-10.jpeg

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of new culture, maybe someone should have whispered in the coach's ear, Georgia Tech has not been shut out at home since Eisenhower was president or people drove this car:
View attachment 7246

That’s the difference. He should be getting an *** chewing from Todd like, right now. He’s probably at the Iberian Pig ordering tapas talking about how tough Temple played today.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Well, it's no wonder our execution sucks when we speed through practice a million miles per hour so much so coaches don't have time to properly teach between reps and drills.

Your comment reminds me what Pruitt said when he took over at UT. He said they didn’t even know the basics of stance and blocking and how could they play big time college ball with such poor skills?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
That’s why I liked the 60’s Packers. Six plays. Everyone knew what they were gonna run. And no one could stop them. Lombardi insisted on perfection.

If you think about it, last year against VPI, we ran QB sweep over and over and over, but we executed it, and they could not stop it. Football is simple sometimes. You find something that works and something you can execute, and you keep going to it.

Animal02

Banned
If you think about it, last year against VPI, we ran QB sweep over and over and over, but we executed it, and they could not stop it. Football is simple sometimes. You find something that works and something you can execute, and you keep going to it.
And other times you throw the pasta at the wall and hope something sticks because you haven't a clue what you are doing.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
Your comment reminds me what Pruitt said when he took over at UT. He said they didn’t even know the basics of stance and blocking and how could they play big time college ball with such poor skills?

I hope more people actually remember back to the description of practices during spring ball and keep that in mind when judging this staff's ability. Also, keep it in mind to what you're seeing during game day. Our practices are near worthless. They rip through reps, and the teaching doesn't happen on the field. They tape it and review it in the meeting rooms later on. There is such limited on field coaching, in real time, during practice.