I gave up..

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought we were going to lose (3% chance to win) when we went down 2 scores in the second. But when we kept it a one score game at half, I thought we had a better chance (15%).. Then it just kept getting better as the D kept stepping it up. The D won the game since I wouldn't have thought 27 points for us would be enough to cover the D problems. The 3 ints (one for 7, so the O only got 20 points) were what won the game.

Crow is good when you win. Much much much worse when you lose.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
I gave up in the third quarter.

Eating crow now.
And you were totally justified in doing so. Over the many years of Tech football during the Gailey and Johnson years, this team has almost never given anyone a reason to believe otherwise. In truth, more often than not, Tech has typically shown a tendency to give up in games like this. This kind of win, in this fashion, may be fairly common among teams we all have learned to hate, but this kind of win has been the exception when it comes to Tech. Relish this victory, my friends, because we never know how long it will be until we see the likes of it again.

Declinometer

Banned
And you were totally justified in doing so. Over the many years of Tech football during the Gailey and Johnson years, this team has almost never given anyone a reason to believe otherwise. In truth, more often than not, Tech has typically shown a tendency to give up in games like this. This kind of win, in this fashion, may be fairly common among teams we all have learned to hate, but this kind of win has been the exception when it comes to Tech. Relish this victory, my friends, because we never know how long it will be until we see the likes of it again.
Get lost loser!

Squint

Georgia Tech Fan
I had to pause the game (DVR) several times because I was so mad I thought my head would explode. I stayed with it, but it sure seemed like the same old Tech we've seen lose all the close games year after year. I'm proud of these boys.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Really?

Come on Atomic, the 2009 team played like this too. We won't win them all, but two weeks in a row is damn good to come from behind.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am really proud of our team to keep battling through some unforced errors and some bad breaks. I am less proud of a lot of you. Seriously, giving up? We expect our kids to play through adversity like champions but we give up and can't bare to watch............on television? Spare me. If you can't watch a game to the end, why watch at all? Does it hurt too much too lose? We are soft.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have to say that I never stopped believing this week. I gave up last week in the 3rd qtr but just kept the faith in this game & in our guys. #GoJackets #TogetherWeSwarm
But have to admit I cried like a baby when we won.

Hoss

Georgia Tech Fan
This team has a lot of fight in them! But it seems like it'll only come out full force when their backs are against the wall! I'm expecting every game to be close until the 4th Quarter

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am really proud of our team to keep battling through some unforced errors and some bad breaks. I am less proud of a lot of you. Seriously, giving up? We expect our kids to play through adversity like champions but we give up and can't bare to watch............on television? Spare me. If you can't watch a game to the end, why watch at all? Does it hurt too much too lose? We are soft.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Couldn't watch live, noted that the UVa game started on time (so no OT for the GT-VPI game).

Watching the "tape", tied, VPI had the ball late in the 4th and I thought well at least we kept it close - like always.

After the INT, I was, "well didn't see that coming".

So I sorta gave up at the end, but damn, just damn!

I say its great to be a fuzzy bee!

And the lamentations of their fans - priceless.

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
And thats why I wanted JT over Byerly. Nothing against Byerly, but when your team is down and you put the ball in a guy like JTs hands he can give you a reason to get back up. He has exceeded my expectations already and its only his 4th game. Last week was big, but this week has to be one of the biggest games by one of our QBs since possibly Lil Joe. And he still has alot he can get better at. Crazy!!
Haha I like Byerly but thought it was funny when people were saying before the season started that he should start over JeT!

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I had a late morning teetime and I just finished watching the replay on ESPN3. I don't blame anyone who gave up at some point. Face it, we have done zip versus VT, Clempsen, UM, and the Mutts the last few years.

But that makes this win all the sweeter. Justin Thomas is starting to give me a Josh Nesbitt feeling, and Justin will have two more years under center. Y'all know I've groused about CPJ's offense, but JT is a good reminder that it's more about the players than the scheme.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I was the only one at our table that did, I gave up too. It was going the way every other big game against VT had been going. But somehow we pulled it out and I still don't know how. I'm going to have to go back and watch the game again with fresh eyes.

Glad to be proven wrong...go Jackets.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
Even Paul Johnson in the post game interview talked about the "here we go again" vibe that he was getting after the run-fumble-QB recovery-run-TD-WTF just happened play. It's understandable to have a "we're boned" moment in a game like that one. Just keep it off the boards until the clock reads 0:00 in the 4th.