I expect the GSU game to be

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think some of our fans just have a complex such that they are afraid of losing to GSU and becoming the "third" program in the state that a lot of them are hedging their bets to say I told you so in the case of a GT loss. A way of validating their fears.

I have no fear. GT by 35.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I am biting my nails over this one. Southern wants this game so badly they can already taste it. We have to take the crowd and the emotion out of the game for Southern as early as possible or it could be a long day. If Tech can win this one I feel like we will be in good shape for the rest of the season and will be respectable against any competition.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Wanting it badly does not equate with getting it. How bad do we want to beat the "big four" and how often does it happen? If we take care of business, it doesn't matter how much Southern wants it. They ain't gettin' it.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
If GT wins its because GSU doesnt have enough bodies on defence to keep up.
Surprised if this a blowout.
looks like the high for saturday is around 80 with a mixture of clouds/sun; maybe some showers possible. heat shouldn't be an issue for either team and that's a good thing for GS with less overall D depth.

i didn't think GT would roll wofford by 40. i knew wofford would come to play. i don't expect to see that kinda result this weekend, either. wofford is well coached and knows how to run and defend the option. GS has seen their fair share of option through the years and has much more overall team speed on both sides of the ball. only way to know is to line up and play.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Not saying we will not win a blowout game this year, but if we do it will be the anomaly. This team has that grind personality. Nothing easy, not too much pretty but in there grinding 100% of the time. We could literally win every game and on the same hand we could literally lose every game. That's what I see with this team.

Go Jackets!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This should be a fairly low scoring game due to both teams running so much, grinding it out and probably not doing the hurry up. We may only get 8 real (non-trash time) possessions.

We would be clearly dominant if we score 4 of 6 times going into the fourth and they score twice. Score would be 28-14. And that wouldn't feel like a blow out since it would only be a two score lead that we got in the 3rd quarter.

Add in a turnover by us and it's a one score game ....... add in two turnovers and it could be a close game. Or a southern 92 yard dive up the gut for a TD. Anything is possible just about. I still think we win easily (end up the game ahead by three scores.) But there are so few possessions that it will be low scoring.

I also expect only one other person to come to the GT game watching here in Virginia. No one up here cares about southern that much, it's a noon game and there is little buzz about the team overall. I'd rather we be playing ND!

BoroJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
As a season ticket holder at GSU and a GT alumni. GT has more depth than GSU.

The GT OL vs. GSU DL is where this game will be won. Although two DL were recruited by GT. Jay Ellison and Jonathan Battle; they are the best DL we have and they will be tired if they play the whole game.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe GT should go to the hurry up just to get more plays in and tire GSU out?

We certainly didn't hurry up against Woffard so I was assuming we wouldn't against GSU.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
GT losing to GSU, I don't know if CPJ survives that.

I think CPJ will have a long a fruitful career at GT.

wow, hadn't really thought in those terms-- we losing to gsu is bad, PJ losing to gsu would be HORRIBLE-you might as well say what is the point of having a highly paid "guru" coach when a beginner nobody can come in to a lower type team and beat him

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
A few comments PJ made on the Monday night radio show. No, Wofford doesn't help with preparation for this game. They both run option, but there are two many differences in what they do. "These kinda games give me nightmares!" We have to match their intensity. "I'm more worried about Georgia Tech than Georgia Southern. If we play our game, we'll be fine."

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I really hope I'm wrong, but this game will probably play out like the last two... close for a few quarters then we pull away. That said, I'm hopeful that this is the game we start strong.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Southern fans think the players are going to look past this game to VT. I highly doubt PJ will let this happen. Not only do I think we win, but I think we curb stomp them.

We have too many offensive weapons.
I wonder how much PJ gets involved with the defense this game...

Animal02

Banned
I really hope I'm wrong, but this game will probably play out like the last two... close for a few quarters then we pull away. That said, I'm hopeful that this is the game we start strong.

I don't mind how we played Wofford......they came to play, we made very few mistakes.....one led to the 92 yd touchdown that gave everyone heartburn. I was far more concerned about our play at Tulane....the turnovers and the defense seemly getting pushed around. However......the team showed a lot of character coming out the 2nd half and taking care of business......the defense shutting them out and the O seemed to get on a roll. Obviously we cannot spot better teams the points and field position after turnovers and continue to expect to win.......but as others have said.....I like the grind it out mentality that the team appears to have.

Animal02

Banned
Southern fans think the players are going to look past this game to VT. I highly doubt PJ will let this happen. Not only do I think we win, but I think we curb stomp them.

We have too many offensive weapons.
I wonder how much PJ gets involved with the defense this game...

Had we curb stomped our first two opponents, they might be looking past Southern to the VT game......since that didn't happen, I doubt they will be thinking about anything except this week.