I Believe

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Last year, after another truly pathetic loss, I posted (on a now-defunct website forum) that I no longer believed that:

1. Vad Lee was the one,
2. CPJ could get it done for us, and
3. That I would watch any more games.

Or something to that effect.

Well, I lied about #3 (I watched them all this year), and I've changed my mind about #2, because I was right about #1. The weird thing is, VL did well this year at James Madison, but JT turned out to be better at running the TO. It always looked to me like Vad just didn't want to get hit, whereas Thomas manages to avoid taking a lot of punishment with his quickness.

At any rate, I have always thought the TO offers us a unique advantage which, given our academic requirements, we'll always need since we're not going to get SEC-type players consistently. If CPJ can continue to recruit and find players like JT & Co. to run his offense, then I think we will all be believers for many years to come.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
And how about this...If we beat FSU, Missouri beats Alabama, Oregon loses, Baylor loses, and Ohio State loses, what happens next?

The Best Four Teams

The selection committee will choose the four teams for the playoff based on strength of schedule, head-to-head results, comparison of results against common opponents, championships won and other factors.

www.collegefootballplayoff.com/overview

Based on this criteria, GA Tech's Strength of Schedule is tougher than FSU's, and our results versus the same teams is also better than FSU's. Therefore, if GA Tech beats FSU, GA Tech winning the ACC Championship and head-to-head contest would more than likely mean GA Tech would be ranked ahead of the Seminoles if they follow their own statement.

Also, our strength of schedule is much better than Wisconsin.

Finally, we beat UGA, which shut out Missouri.

Therefore, I think we'd have a good argument to go to the Bowl Playoffs if everything falls just right...We can dream, right? It happened against Georgia, so why not this coming Saturday?

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year, after another truly pathetic loss, I posted (on a now-defunct website forum) that I no longer believed that:

1. Vad Lee was the one,

Well, I lied about #3 (I watched them all this year), and I've changed my mind about #2, because I was right about #1. The weird thing is, VL did well this year at James Madison, but JT turned out to be better at running the TO. It always looked to me like Vad just didn't want to get hit, whereas Thomas manages to avoid taking a lot of punishment with his quickness.

At any rate, I have always thought the TO offers us a unique advantage which, given our academic requirements, we'll always need since we're not going to get SEC-type players consistently. If CPJ can continue to recruit and find players like JT & Co. to run his offense, then I think we will all be believers for many years to come.

The TO gives us an identity that we can build on and win with.
We are not going to beat UGA by playing the same game they play with Richt as their head coach. They will out recruit, out market and out spend us all day. They always have. We are not the same type of school, appeal to a different student, and have to work with a different market. If we are going to build a program that can compete with them, we have to do it a different way. The TO is a vehicle we can move forward with.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck

1. Vad Lee was the one,

Not only did Vad Lee not want to get hit, but he hobbled the entire team by his lack of effort in executing the offense while everyone else was busting their butt to succeed. Offensive linemen resent QB's that are soft that way.

The numbers he put up at James Madison come from playing in the 7 on 7 shotgun where you can throw away the football when you want to, as you are already about seven yards away from the defensive linemen. That is the perfect offense for him as he couldn't handle being under center and close to the action where you have to make quicker decisions and actually get hit.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Not only did Vad Lee not want to get hit, but he hobbled the entire team by his lack of effort in executing the offense while everyone else was busting their butt to succeed. Offensive linemen resent QB's that are soft that way.

The numbers he put up at James Madison come from playing in the 7 on 7 shotgun where you can throw away the football when you want to, as you are already about seven yards away from the defensive linemen. That is the perfect offense for him as he couldn't handle being under center and close to the action where you have to make quicker decisions and actually get hit.

Maybe he's improved from his earlier games, but he tends to hone in on the guy he wants to go to and chuck it up there.
I'm glad he's doing well, but if goes to duke (as some are saying) then they will have a rough year at that position. But then again, maybe he's really turned it up the second half of the year...