I am still not sold on CPJ but.........

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
@00Burdell If we had a better D coordinator (our players were just fine) 2010, 2011, and 2012 would have been different. Last year our D was better, but the O dropped off due to several factors including injuries and health of the players.

This year I cannot say TW gives us 4 wins, but I refuse to say he could not have given us 4 wins. TW had us winning with 57 seconds left with VT in 2012.

Defense can win games if the O puts some points on the board.
TW threw an interception in OT at VT in 2012. JT threw a 20 yard pass on 4th and 15 in 2014.

I like TW and defend him regularly but if you don't think the difference between this year and the previous 4 is having the right QB then we can just agree to see things differently.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
JT is a much more talented player than TW. That doesn't make laying blame at TWs feet any more legit. He had better command of our scheme than JT does currently. JT is a far better rusher and can make throws TW only dreamed of. When JT has true command of this scheme....oh boy.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
TW threw an interception in OT at VT in 2012. JT threw a 20 yard pass on 4th and 15 in 2014.

I like TW and defend him regularly but if you don't think the difference between this year and the previous 4 is having the right QB then we can just agree to see things differently.

Smh, in the drive that put us up 3 with 44 sec left in 2012, TW escaped pressure and hit Bostic for a 19 yard pass on 4th and 6.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Good news is they ran all over Duke. I'll admit I missed the game prediction horribly. But I watched some of it and it was much more Tulane giving the ball to Duke with 5 turnovers, including 2 pick 6's, than Duke beating the hell out of them like the score indicates.

Tulane had 5 turnovers. Otherwise it was a close game. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400547673

But "..... Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?"

We don't turn over more than once and we win at home over Duke.

It is early, but NCState should be a win. Clemson a loss. Thee rest should be tough. But I'm going to savor living in Va the whole week till I fly out. Put yourself in the VT fans place. They beat OSU and ESPN is talking about them being a dark horse for the Championship Series ....... it doesn't feel as good as seeing USCe beat UGAg , but is nice.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well they just but Tulane like they stole something from them. I know we can't compare scores and make any real judgments on how the game will shake out between us, but Duke is looking to be at least equal to us on paper.

My only issue is we pretty much pencil in a L based on our past history vs. Big 4, but we don't do the same us vs. the NC schools. In Dukes best season, stomped them

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
My only issue is we pretty much pencil in a L based on our past history vs. Big 4, but we don't do the same us vs. the NC schools. In Dukes best season, stomped them

I certainly agree - that is faulty logic on my part! However, when I said Duke would be a"tough", I was not implying that we would lose to them (nor to Miami for that matter). I just think that Duke is getting better and reaching a point in their program where they are beginning to draw equal to us. I am not convinced their defense can stop our offense. They haven't in six seasons, and I don't believe they will this year. However, I believe will we find it tough to keep their offense out of the endzone.

I see that game being a shootout, and I am not sure which team wins. Same goes for Miami. I think those two games decide what type of season we will have this year.

On a personal note - are you Sedric Griffin?

slugboy

Staff member
No way. UNC has looked like hot garbage and got curb stomped by ECU barely won against 2 teams that stink. Duke looks pretty dang good. Much more worried about Duke than UNC.
That UNC hasn't played well is one thing, but ECU is good and would be a tough game for us (and would curb stomp us if we overlooked 'em like GSU). We can't overlook anyone--Duke or UNC.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's be honest here. TW failed on every end of the game drive that I can recall. Can't see JT losing to Air Force or Middle Tennessee State.
I think you might be forgetting Utah where he drove down the field with a couple minutes left giving us a chance at a 40 something yard field goal where our kicker missed.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Wtf does your 'I am not sold on' have ANYTHING to do with your post? Absolutely Nothing til the last paragraph.

If you don't feel he gives our players a chance? He gives them that, and it's up to them to make the plays. We're still yet to play a full game and if we do, we can beat almost anyone not in the top 5. We just don't have the horses to beat alabama. Oregon showed they can be beat last night. Uga is too big. Anyways. We're 4 and 0. Enjoy it and give the off season talk about CPJ a break until the end of the season.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It is early, but NCState should be a win. Clemson a loss. Thee rest should be tough. But I'm going to savor living in Va the whole week till I fly out. Put yourself in the VT fans place. They beat OSU and ESPN is talking about them being a dark horse for the Championship Series ....... it doesn't feel as good as seeing USCe beat UGAg , but is nice.
After watching this team for 4 games, I'm not willing to concede anything yet. We have gotten progressively better each game we have played. I think our competition has improved each game we've played, so it doesn't necessarily look like we're that great (we're not, yet).

If this team continues to improve week-to-week, then I believe by the time we get to Clemson (2nd to last regular season game), we'll be playing quite well. I anticipate by then JT will be making all the plays, not just the clutch ones, and putting a great deal of pressure on the opposing offense to keep up. This will help our defense be more effective.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The comments about UNC are interesting. Clearly, the Heels are in a tough spot right now. They were embarrassed last year by ECU in Chapel Hill. Then torched by Shane Carden yesterday in what may spell the end of the line for Larry Fedora. The Tar Heel faithful are not happy right now. But, ...

ECU is a program on the rise and Ruffin McNeil is turning out to be a great coach for them. Remember this while watching Carden pass for 400+ yards against UNC and VPI. In four games he has almost 1500 yards passing and has completed over 60% of his passes with only 3 Ints and 11 TDs. And he was a little recruited 2* QB from Texas, who was thrilled to get an offer from ECU. This is coaching, whether player development or recruiting, and ECU has it right now.

So remember that ECU of 2014 is not the same as team coached by the guy whose name will not be mentioned here. They are a first rate ACC caliber team. Losing to them, as VPI and UNC did, is not a disgrace. Giving up almost 800 yards and 70 points? That's something else.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
This was no doubt a great win big props to JT and the whole team for showing resiliency, but ... this was not a well played game by either team.

IMO, at times we just don't look like a well coached team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After watching this team for 4 games, I'm not willing to concede anything yet. We have gotten progressively better each game we have played. I think our competition has improved each game we've played, so it doesn't necessarily look like we're that great (we're not, yet).

If this team continues to improve week-to-week, then I believe by the time we get to Clemson (2nd to last regular season game), we'll be playing quite well. I anticipate by then JT will be making all the plays, not just the clutch ones, and putting a great deal of pressure on the opposing offense to keep up. This will help our defense be more effective.

Ok, I should be a little more precise. Within a 90% expectancy, I think we will lose to Clemson if the game were played now. Kind of like I thought the game was over yesterday when we went down two scores mid way through the second quarter at Blacksburg.

I agree we are going to get better (barring injuries) as the year goes on. What is scary about Clemson is how young their team is. http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/roster/_/id/228/clemson-tigers They have more size / strength / speed talent than we do in depth. They should get better too. They may give up a bit in the rest of their games since they won't win (again the 10% rule) Atlantic, but I doubt it.

I think the rest of the ACC games are all winnable. But since the other team sort of wants to win sometimes, we may lose a game or two. No big deal as long as we play hard and never give up. Kind of like we have all year and Georgia Southern did too.

But there's a reason to play the games that I can't quite remember ..........