I am Gonna Say Devine Pancakes Some People Saturday

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol I went to Hart.
I will be there this evening.
I did some work to sound system and will be working with the announcers tonite.

I did reservations sound project a couple of years ago.
It sounds tons better!

We had some good athletes at Hart but you guys have the swillings and those kids.
The Rodney Walker days were great for yall!

Eldorado cochran...He was a beast
That's funny!! Yeah I miss the Rodney Walker days. The Swillings were something else. Eldorado was a beast too, that kid should have went somewhere but I think he had some problems with his grades. I remember a QB y'all had back then that have is fits. I think his name was Spezio Stowers I think, that kid was a baller. Such a great rivalry. Is Coach Davane still there?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of Sir Francis, he's still not ready according to coach Pelton. Hopefully he can see some action in garbage time.

"7. Sophomore defensive tackle Francis Kallon made strides in the preseason, but still has a ways to go to make the rotation, according to defensive line coach Mike Pelton. He was not particularly interested in talking about Kallon when asked on Tuesday. It’s another reason why keeping starting tackles Adam Gotsis and Green is important.

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2014/09/05/10-possibly-must-read-tech-notes/

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If I had to guess, I'd say that Marshall plays more this week than Devine. But I think both of them will get a few snaps, at least.

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
Lol I went to Hart.

We had some good athletes at Hart but you guys have the swillings and those kids.
The Rodney Walker days were great for yall!

Eldorado cochran...He was a beast

I played at Winder-Barrow in the mid-nineties against Elbert, Stephens, and Hart. Hart Co had David Jackson, Mr Football AAA, but we beat you up at Hart that year (as well as Stephens County, but lost to Elbert to Mecole Hardman (father of current recruit of the same name)). Rodney Walker was a great coach at Stephens, no doubt, but I liked our guy, Phil Jones more...maybe I'm biased :)

We ended up losing in the semi-finals to Thomasville that year (my senior year).

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
That's funny!! Yeah I miss the Rodney Walker days. The Swillings were something else. Eldorado was a beast too, that kid should have went somewhere but I think he had some problems with his grades. I remember a QB y'all had back then that have is fits. I think his name was Spezio Stowers I think, that kid was a baller. Such a great rivalry. Is Coach Davane still there?
SPEZIO was great!
He went to the Citadel.
Yep..Devo is our HC.
As a matter of fact I'm looking right at him on the sidelines.
He is a good guy to have on your side if you needed a brawler lol.

That has been a rivalry for years..
But changing classifications has hurt it somewhat

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I played at Winder-Barrow in the mid-nineties against Elbert, Stephens, and Hart. Hart Co had David Jackson, Mr Football AAA, but we beat you up at Hart that year (as well as Stephens County, but lost to Elbert to Mecole Hardman (father of current recruit of the same name)). Rodney Walker was a great coach at Stephens, no doubt, but I liked our guy, Phil Jones more...maybe I'm biased :)

We ended up losing in the semi-finals to Thomasville that year (my senior year).
Wow! The bull doggggs ( why do they have extra Gs? Lol
Those were some good games as well..
DJ. My kid goes to school with hiz.
He was probably the best RB to come from area ever.

That's saying alot!

A tremendous amount of talent!

How many high schools do yall have over there now?

What year was the semi's?

beernutts

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow! The bull doggggs ( why do they have extra Gs? Lol
Those were some good games as well..
DJ. My kid goes to school with hiz.
He was probably the best RB to come from area ever.

That's saying alot!

A tremendous amount of talent!

How many high schools do yall have over there now?

What year was the semi's?
My understanding is the extra "g" was used to differentiate ourselves from all the other "Bulldogs". We had a corny saying, "The Extra 'G' means Extra 'E' (Effort)"

There are 2 HS's now, WBHS and Apalachee HS. That was fall of 1993 that we made it to the Semi's. Heck of a year.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is the extra "g" was used to differentiate ourselves from all the other "Bulldogs". We had a corny saying, "The Extra 'G' means Extra 'E' (Effort)"

There are 2 HS's now, WBHS and Apalachee HS. That was fall of 1993 that we made it to the Semi's. Heck of a year.
I remember those days.

We were eliminated by WBHS in 93 region tourney in baseball.
Extra E haha.. wow.. that was corny for sure.
There have been some good games played between our schools no doubt.

Our team looks good this year,. We took FC to the shed the other night.
#77 was not an issue for the most part, but he was also getting doubled on the ends.
I was impressed he played both sides the whole game.

Im looking forward to seeing him on the Flats

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I remember those days.

We were eliminated by WBHS in 93 region tourney in baseball.
Extra E haha.. wow.. that was corny for sure.
There have been some good games played between our schools no doubt.

Our team looks good this year,. We took FC to the shed the other night.
#77 was not an issue for the most part, but he was also getting doubled on the ends.
I was impressed he played both sides the whole game.

Im looking forward to seeing him on the Flats
Will Bryan looked really good against my Indians the first game but he just had no supporting cast. He was all over the place, I'm really looking forward to seeing him in white and gold. I was really surprised that we played Elbert county like we did. They have some real special athletes and we had a chance to win. Lost 35-33 without our best player. Figured we would have lost by 3 TD's.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
For all of those pushing so hard for Sharmire to get some playing time, he just is not in shape to play the game. He most likely will never see the field unless he drops another 30 to 40 lbs. I think everyone associated with the program knows that, Shamire knows that but it seems like there are a significant segment of our fan base that just don't get the fact that he is not in shape, he is no where near being in shape and that he will not play until he gets in shape. There is a high liklihood that he will never get in shape. He has been here quiet a while now and continues to eat his way out of the lineup. Sorry for the dose of reality. You also should know that Sir Francis Kallon is no where near seeing the field. He is just not mean enough to play football. He is a nice young man and very smart but unfortunately for our football program, he is not a football player. Sorry to break it to you but if you are waiting on these two to emerge, you best find something else to occupy your time for the next couple of years.

Go Jackets!

Matt E

GT Athlete
For all of those pushing so hard for Sharmire to get some playing time, he just is not in shape to play the game. He most likely will never see the field unless he drops another 30 to 40 lbs. I think everyone associated with the program knows that, Shamire knows that but it seems like there are a significant segment of our fan base that just don't get the fact that he is not in shape, he is no where near being in shape and that he will not play until he gets in shape. There is a high liklihood that he will never get in shape. He has been here quiet a while now and continues to eat his way out of the lineup. Sorry for the dose of reality. You also should know that Sir Francis Kallon is no where near seeing the field. He is just not mean enough to play football. He is a nice young man and very smart but unfortunately for our football program, he is not a football player. Sorry to break it to you but if you are waiting on these two to emerge, you best find something else to occupy your time for the next couple of years.

Go Jackets!

Kind of like how everyone thought Vad should be playing over Tevin? The coaches watch practice every day. They dissect film. They want to win. If a particular player isn't playing there is certainly a good reason.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, I wonder if we are placing a higher value on consistency at LG and we don't want to have to rotate Devine in and out? Does he need to lose weight? Well maybe. He certainly needs to be in better condition. There is little doubt about that. When I watched him in the scrimmages get so much movement out of the guys in front of him and then watch Braun, there is just a big difference. I am left wondering why getting him a series or two each half seems like a bad idea to the staff? It is not that he is too out of shape to play at all. We have seen him play and play effectively. I feel pretty sure he isn't ready to play all day like Braun did in 100 degree heat (which is pretty amazing btw), but .....

Maybe the staff is unhappy with what he has done in terms of his eating habits and they are trying to make a point with him? Maybe there has been an ultimatum with regards to a specific number that needs to be gotten down to? Last word we all got was how hard he had worked all summer. What gives? I hope Jerry the Jacket is wrong, but I just don't know.