I am Gonna Say Devine Pancakes Some People Saturday

new jacket404

Georgia Tech Fan
Let him play im starting to believe the scared. He dont have to stery just put him in rotation. His weight nont a issue he is nfl size. Starting. Gt scared to un leash the beast by not even giving a snapp. Making me wonder what is their reasoning he has never not played but different level but gt wanted the beef. if the line barely working do something different play him the schedule about to get real what they going do then #5 likes yo run #71 can lead nlock make a great whole all the things he can do well they r not using or are they? Is it just a matter of time ?who runs their players the whole gme any with no substitution ?let him show u what he can or can not do.let him play .new campaign let 71 play .#play71gt.we will see he is healthy enough to play not even the last 3 min smh new week new goal new team to beat ...its cool stay healthy to play another week stay humble stay in good spirits and when yhey call your name b ready .im watching too.togetherweswarm. go jackets

new jacket404

Georgia Tech Fan
[QUOTE="new jacket404, post: 75979, member: 1393":) ]Let him play im starting to believe the scared. He dont have to stery just put him in rotation. His weight nont a issue he is nfl size. Starting. Gt scared to un leash the beast by not even giving a snapp. Making me wonder what is their reasoning he has never not played but different level but gt wanted the beef. if the line barely working do something different play him the schedule about to get real what they going do then #5 likes yo run #71 can lead nlock make a great whole all the things he can do well they r not using or are they? Is it just a matter of time ?who runs their players the whole gme any with no substitution ?let him show u what he can or can not do.let him play .new campaign let 71 play .#play71gt.we will see he is healthy enough to play not even the last 3 min smh new week new goal new team to beat ...its cool stay healthy to play another week stay humble stay in good spirits and when yhey call your name b ready .im watching too.togetherweswarm. go jackets[/QUOTE]
I should of proof read it 1st. Its out there now.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wanted to point something out. Just was watching the FSU game again and maybe one of yall can upload a video, but when we went up 21-14 Shamire absolutely owned All-American Mario Edwards. Laskey ran right off of Devines back for an easy TD

Ha...I just wrote about this in another thread!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I thought Braun was solid this year, much more solid than Chamberlain was last year. He wouldn't have been starting ahead of Devine if he wasn't.
He did ok, imo. He was definitely the weakest of the 3 starting inside OL's. If Devine moves to the right side, who do we have behind Braun and is he gonna push him?

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
He did ok, imo. He was definitely the weakest of the 3 starting inside OL's. If Devine moves to the right side, who do we have behind Braun and is he gonna push him?
We've got alot of guys who redshirted this year, Gary Brown, Preddy, Whitley, Klock, and one or two more. Plus we've got Will Byran coming in and he can probably play anywhere. We're gonna be ok on the o-line as long as we stay healthy, Burden might can move to guard if need be and let one of the younger guys move to center

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
We've got alot of guys who redshirted this year, Gary Brown, Preddy, Whitley, Klock, and one or two more. Plus we've got Will Byran coming in and he can probably play anywhere. We're gonna be ok on the o-line as long as we stay healthy, Burden might can move to guard if need be and let one of the younger guys move to center
Andrew Marshall has looked good at center in limited playing time.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
For a minute, lets think of a right side O-line with Burden at C, Devine at G, and Joe at T. That is 292-365-326 across the line. Use Braun on the left as a pull guard at 295. That is a SEC sized line.

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
For a minute, lets think of a right side O-line with Burden at C, Devine at G, and Joe at T. That is 292-365-326 across the line. Use Braun on the left as a pull guard at 295. That is a BIG-A$$ sized line that could occur in any given power 5 conference across the nation.
FIFY. My SEC napoleon complex is coming out.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
For a minute, lets think of a right side O-line with Burden at C, Devine at G, and Joe at T. That is 292-365-326 across the line. Use Braun on the left as a pull guard at 295. That is a SEC sized line.
Yea we are no longer the smaller quick line, were the aggressive big line. This area is where CPJ changed his recruiting style the most. We had big guys from Gailey and moved the ball well, CPJ thought that they wasnt fast enough and he went out and got some smaller guys and weve struggled to beat the big boys ever since. But the past few years he has gotten some big boys who can move fairly well, now we're reaping the benefits and CPJ knows that we cant go up against the likes of Clemson, VT, Miami, FSU, and UGA with a 6'0" 265 offensive line. So I think that our offense should be consistently top 10 from here on out, we'll see.

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea we are no longer the smaller quick line, were the aggressive big line. This area is where CPJ changed his recruiting style the most. We had big guys from Gailey and moved the ball well, CPJ thought that they wasnt fast enough and he went out and got some smaller guys and weve struggled to beat the big boys ever since. But the past few years he has gotten some big boys who can move fairly well, now we're reaping the benefits and CPJ knows that we cant go up against the likes of Clemson, VT, Miami, FSU, and UGA with a 6'0" 265 offensive line. So I think that our offense should be consistently top 10 from here on out, we'll see.
The thing is to me that even though the line has gotten bigger, we don't seem slower or less aggressive. This was the first year I recall that it felt like we were just going out and dominating people with the O-line. Even against FSU, we straight smashed them in the face for most of the game.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
The thing is to me that even though the line has gotten bigger, we don't seem slower or less aggressive. This was the first year I recall that it felt like we were just going out and dominating people with the O-line. Even against FSU, we straight smashed them in the face for most of the game.
It feels good to see and hear it, I watched some of the uga game yesterday with the radio call. Loved hearing Zier say " their big offensive line has our defense on skates" their other announcer is a douche though

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think you are right about this. Burden is the quickest and fastest Center CPJ has put out there yet. Mason is probably the most explosive OG yet, Braun a little less so.

We are bigger and more powerful too, I feel confident in saying that. Deep down, I really feel like the improvement is more due to better pass pro, and just executing assignments more reliably blocking the run plays. Right now it seems like Griffin is the only guy still struggling some with who to take.