Hurricane Dorian/No idea where to post this

Deleted member 2897

Any of us along the southeast, take care and plan - any jogs west and it gets super nasty quick.

The Bahamas are just getting shat on...I feel bad for them.

Turn baby turn!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Any of us along the southeast, take care and plan - any jogs west and it gets super nasty quick.

The Bahamas are just getting shat on...I feel bad for them.

Turn baby turn!
I gave the guys the weekend off. They’ve now spent the entire weekend buttoning up the operation. We’re all bugging out tomorrow morning. We’re trying not to be the bug on the windshield. If this screws up me getting to the game Saturday, I’m going to be super pissed.

Deleted member 2897

Parts of Freetown Bahamas have now been inside the clear and calm eye for over 4 hours. That has to be a surreal experience.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Parts of Freetown Bahamas have now been inside the clear and calm eye for over 4 hours. That has to be a surreal experience.
I was in the eye of a hurricane once in south Louisiana growing up, and yes, it is TOTALLY surreal. But then, when the storm resumes, you get the highest winds right at the other end of the eyeball, and BAM!...what a shock! Better be back indoors when that happens!

Animal02

Banned
CNN.....such a trustworthy news org.:ROFLMAO:
69925407_3486015464758097_3149245702769475584_n.jpg

Deleted member 2897

Over 2 hours later and the eye is STILL over that same area. Amazing.

Down here in Savannah watching Dorian...thankful that @buzz_wiser© installed a full-house generator for me last October!

We're in Pooler about a mile west of I-95. No mandatory ecacuation yet for this zone so we're gonna keep an eye on the tracking and make a decision about possibly leaving tomorrow. All of those east of 95, I pray that your evacuation west goes well.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We're in Pooler about a mile west of I-95. No mandatory ecacuation yet for this zone so we're gonna keep an eye on the tracking and make a decision about possibly leaving tomorrow. All of those east of 95, I pray that your evacuation west goes well.
We are in Zone B but have decided to stay put. One handicapped husband, 2 personal dogs & 1 storm foster dog makes evacuating kind of hairy! Y'all be safe on the westside.

GT_EE78

Banned
this guy was live streaming from Freeport for about 4 hours.
His house is 15’ above ground level and the water is 5’ below his deck.

Deleted member 2897

Incredible - nearly 24 hours straight with the eye over the same spot. On the bright side, it’s eating itself alive and down to 120mph winds.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Now a Cat 3. More importantly, pressure has risen to 950 mb, which is above the range of true killer hurricanes and a much better indicator than wind speed. Storm surge also apparently down to about 6’, which again is not disaster range.

While hurricanes are massive and dangerous, as one who has been through Camille and the aftermath of Katrina, this one isn’t in those categories. Let’s hope that it continues at this strength or even weakens further.

But of course, the media will make it out to be sensational, no matter what.

Water is what kills, not wind. As long as the storm surge stays relatively low, it should be .....not disastrous.

FYI- killer storms run around 910 mb pressure with storm surges around 20’

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Now a Cat 3. More importantly, pressure has risen to 950 mb, which is above the range of true killer hurricanes and a much better indicator than wind speed. Storm surge also apparently down to about 6’, which again is not disaster range.

While hurricanes are massive and dangerous, as one who has been through Camille and the aftermath of Katrina, this one isn’t in those categories. Let’s hope that it continues at this strength or even weakens further.

But of course, the media will make it out to be sensational, no matter what.

Water is what kills, not wind. As long as the storm surge stays relatively low, it should be .....not disastrous.

FYI- killer storms run around 910 mb pressure with storm surges around 20’

It won’t be bad for the U.S. But I’m betting it was pretty horrible for Grand Bahama. Haven’t seen any images yet or much reporting about them.