Hulu live dropping Fox regional sports channels

Milwaukee

Banned
Fubo now added national ABC to my region today, they now have all 4 nationals. ABC CBS FOX NBC.
You don’t need those with your package as you can get them OTA but it’s convenient that they’re all on there.

Milwaukee

Banned
Re: Fubo

FuboTV delivered its strongest quarter in the company’s history, growing paid subscribers 58% year-over-year. Revenues climbed 47% year-over-year to $61.2 million.

The 455,000 paid subscribers generated an average of $67.70 each, up 14% compared to a year ago. Users consumed 133.3 million hours of FuboTV programming in the quarter, including 121 hours per month from active users.

Executives credited a strong sports calendar and news cycle as reasons for the growth. FuboTV Executive Chairman Edgar Bronfman also said the company intends to enter the online sports wagering market.

FuboTV Q3 by the Numbers:

$61.2 million in overall revenue, up 47%

$53.4 million in subscription revenue, up 64%

$7.5 million in ad revenue, up 153%

GTFLETCH

Banned

Sinclair Says It Will Be Offering Standalone RSN Products as Soon as Next Year​

Sinclair has a plan in place to offer STANDALONE products for these RSNs channels that users can purchase WITHOUT having a cable bundle.
Sinclair president and CEO Chris Ripley said Thursday that what now is known as Fox Sports (FOX SOUTH & SOUTHEAST in Georgia) , as well as other regional sports networks Sinclair owns nationwide, will be available for customers to purchase independently. “We have a pretty aggressive plan,” he said. “It will happen next year.” But indications are that offering could be later than sooner, by the beginning of the baseball season next spring.

Sinclair will sell a standalone app (monthly charge, just like Netflix), but the GAME broadcasts will be available ONLY in the officially-designated territory. (Atlanta Braves, Atlnata United, Atlanta Hawks, ACC FB & ACC MBB games on Fox Sports South/Southeast.

Also in 2021, the 21 FOX Regional Sports Networks will be rebranded using the Bally name.

Link

VRTechFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Try tv247.us. I was able to stream the GT vs Pitt game. I also have Hulu Live and received the blackout notification as well.

slugboy

Staff member
Sinclair’s site as of August 2021 says they plan for their streaming app to be a feature for existing subscribers, and not a separate paid service (for about $10-15/month).

Sinclair’s site as of August 2021 says they plan for their streaming app to be a feature for existing subscribers, and not a separate paid service (for about $10-15/month).
That is Huge.... as without that folks will have to change providers or illegally get a stream due to Blackout rules:

Directly from ESPN (this also apples to espn3):
"Blackouts apply to telecasts that have been sold regionally or locally per league, conference and local rightsholder agreements. Regional and local rights holders are usually broadcast stations or regional sports networks. Blackouts are implemented to protect the primary rights holder, as defined by the professional and college sports leagues or teams in a given market. If you are receiving blackout messaging on WatchESPN, check your local listings to find the television network carrying the event. If you see a message that states, "This content is subject to blackout", this is because the event that you requested is not available on WatchESPN in your location. Your location is determined by your IP Address. If you are connecting with a mobile device and believe you are incorrectly receiving blackout messaging, try connecting via WiFi. If you continue to receive inaccurate blackout messaging, please contact our Customer Care Team at 888-549-ESPN or @ESPN_FanCentral on Twitter."

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't get too excited - as an in-market GT (and Braves/Hawks) sports fan, I try to keep track of the Bally Sports situation as it impacts the ability to watch all those teams when broadcast on RSN. The new Bally Sports streamingnoption isn't predicted until the 2022 baseball season and Bally Sports has challenges raising money to fund this service including open negotiations with their existing cable operators (e.g. https://thestreamable.com/news/majo...-on-sinclair-s-bally-sports-streaming-service). Hope this crap gets worked out since the Comcast's of the world also do not currently support the ACC network which leaves in-market sports fans with few options to watch all games. ACC leadership should never have signed a deal with ESPN allowing their primary service to be pulled from a huge (and growing) percentage of their in-market viewing fan base...in combination with them failing to offer the ACC network with the major cable operators...

According to the Comcast renewal page the carriage agreement with the ESPN networks expires in September. In addition the carriage agreement for several Disney channels expires in the same month along with 7 owned Disney TV stations. So that is a lot of networks and stations involved.

Hopefully they will be able to come up with a new carriage agreement before the end of September but if not more then likely they will extend the current contract until they can agree to a new carriage agreement.

Extending current contracts is not unusual. Right now Root Sports NW is listed for September but originally it showed that the carriage agreement for that network was going expire in March then July and now September. Comcast has a history of being able to negotiate new carriage agreements although sometimes they do have to extend the current contract if both parties agree to do so.

And of course you hope that when they do come up with a new carriage agreement and not extend the deal so the Atlanta in-market folks will get the ACC Network along with the RSN.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I used to be hesitant about streaming "illegally", but at this point it's on the carriers to not have figured this out.
I think with the Fox Sports/Sinclair/Bally's stations, it is most likely on Sinclair instead of the carriers. Not a single contract that expired with a carrier was renewed. I expect that unless they modify the price they are asking for the stations, nobody will renew with them.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
No ones gonna arrest you for watching a stream lol

True, but when you can't figure out what the product of a service is then you are the product. So I've avoided streaming sites because I can't figure out how they monetize me and I'm too lazy to put in all the system protections to stay safe.

As my mom told me when I went to Mexico as a 17 year old..."don't bring home anything you can't easily get rid of..." :)

But it looks like this year I'll need to find some digital condoms and dive in with the rest of you.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
True, but when you can't figure out what the product of a service is then you are the product. So I've avoided streaming sites because I can't figure out how they monetize me and I'm too lazy to put in all the system protections to stay safe.

As my mom told me when I went to Mexico as a 17 year old..."don't bring home anything you can't easily get rid of..." :)

But it looks like this year I'll need to find some digital condoms and dive in with the rest of you.
It all comes down to one question…how bad do you really wanna watch the game? 😂😂

I have spent the whole first half of the game before trying to find a stream that worked and said a string of very select adult words during the process lol

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
It all comes down to one question…how bad do you really wanna watch the game? 😂😂

I have spent the whole first half of the game before trying to find a stream that worked and said a string of very select adult words during the process lol
You can always use the app for the radio call while trying to find a stream