Huge huge huge game today

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I realize every game is a big deal, but if we win today and get to 6-3, with at least 2 more winnable games on the schedule, I think he perception of this team changes. The difference between 6-3 and 5-4 is huge in perception.

I felt Pitt was a turning point game (again 5-2 vs 4-3 are very different), but this one might be bigger. Win this one and I think the team has the confidence that they can go beat a good team on the road, which will influence both the VT and UGA games. Win today and we're in a great position to go 8-4 or even potentially 9-3, which is as good of a regular season as we've had in a while except for 2014.

Lose today and we're 5-4 and both VT and UGA will feel less likely. It might mean 6-6. I still think we beat UVa regardless, but we're in a tough position to make this a 'good year'. 7-5 or 6-6 is not perceived as a 'good year', it's average at best.

We need a win today in a bad way.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
PITT was the difference between 4-2 and 3-3. I agree this is a huge game, primarily because it is today. However, there is a good bit riding on the outcome. First and foremost (and trust me I haven't been worrying about this at all since the Miami game) if we want to have any chance, however slight, to wiggle our way to the ACCCG, today is a must win. UNC is a well respected team for the most part, so they represent a good challenge for our kids. This game is huge because it gives us another chance to try and play up to our capabilities and clean things up. We haven't really done so yet this season. Today is huge because we can become eligible for a bowl with a win. Some don't think that is a big deal, but it is for me personally. Today is huge for me because it is a chance for our defense to change their body language and recover some fire that was missing last week.

I am not a big believer in turning points, to be truthful. Stuff like that is fans projecting their own emotions on to the players. I feel pretty sure the kids truly feel they can win every game they suit up for. Losing today wouldn't change that in my estimation. We lost at PITT and recovered to win the next two. In truth, every game we have left is a winnable one. At this point we might be an underdog against VT, probably having a 30% chance to win by conventional wisdom. There were some baseball seasons where my batting average was not that high, but I guarantee you, I stepped into the batter's box every time believing I would get a hit. Every team we have left to play will have a ton of respect for us as an opponent.