How would you respond?

Jmonty71

Banned
In the office, there are a few college grads and / or college football fans. For fun, everyone listed their favorite team. Teams were GT, UGA, Clemson, Bama (of course), Auburn, Georgia Southern, Tennessee, Michigan, Florida, Central Florida, Kentucky and Oklahoma. We took various polls on those teams. From offense, to defense to coaches and such.

Out of all those schools GT was voted to have the worst coach, the 2nd least chance to make a bowl, the 2nd most with the least talented players and 3rd worst defense. But, we did win the best in rushing and 5th best offense. How would you respond? Truth? Or defend your team?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
In the office, there are a few college grads and / or college football fans. For fun, everyone listed their favorite team. Teams were GT, UGA, Clemson, Bama (of course), Auburn, Georgia Southern, Tennessee, Michigan, Florida, Central Florida, Kentucky and Oklahoma. We took various polls on those teams. From offense, to defense to coaches and such.

Out of all those schools GT was voted to have the worst coach, the 2nd least chance to make a bowl, the 2nd most with the least talented players and 3rd worst defense. But, we did win the best in rushing and 5th best offense. How would you respond? Truth? Or defend your team?

I’d just let it go. You’ll never win an argument with that bunch. I would poke my chest out a little if they beat Clemson this weekend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

I wouldn't feel the need to respond.

Its times like these where we can all be glad we chose our college because of the school part. I mean, we don't even offer a single solitary Bachelors of Arts degree. Let them have their 1 nice fun poll. :D

heyhellowhatsup

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting that Chase Lunsford is a better coach than CPJ when you compare their relative accomplishments at the same school (Not to mention CPJ's accomplishments at Navy and GT).

Don't see a ton of evidence (over the long haul) that Mark Stoops, Josh Heupel, Jeremy Pruitt, etc have all been better coaches either.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
"Teams were GT, UGA, Clemson, Bama (of course), Auburn, Georgia Southern, Tennessee, Michigan, Florida, Central Florida, Kentucky and Oklahoma."

This is exactly what I would say: "Georgia Tech is one of the Top 50 STEM universities in the world. Not only can our graduates create the next Iron Man, they can also field a competitive D1 football team ... something Cal Tech, MIT, Rensselaer and others can't do. We graduate our players with degrees that mean something in the real world "after football" ... but if I want to find a football player that can spell C-A-T ... you guys win, hands down."
Rensselaer

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member

Two of those claims are contradictory (or conflating at best). Worst Coach and Least Talented. Which is it? I mean I guess it could be both, but then how would you know? If we're the least talented, then it could very well be that we have the best coach who would accomplish more than the others if they had their roster. Conversely, if we have the worst coach, then it could be that we have the best talent that would beat their team if they only had their coach. But, to claim that it's both is ignorant.

Also, where's the category for football team SAT score?

GTFLETCH

Banned

Truth.... It is all about Wins and losses... If we somehow make it to 6 wins and get in a bowl then you can talk smack...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I face this situation all the time and I change the subject to who has the worst fans?.
I then answer

1. Ga Tech alumns are the worst fans.

2. However , gt sidewalk fans are the best fans in college football.

3. So after u root for your team become a gt sidewalk fan and let's all hate on Ala.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Outside of saying we have the worst coach on that list, everything else is sort of reasonable. The coach thing is stupid considering how many have first year coaches and Mark Stoops has in no way proven he's a better coach. 5th best offense is actually somewhat amusing too. I'm guessing they're saying our offense is better than Auburn's so that's a nice positive.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

Not knowledgeable people, going off of perception instead of reality.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer

Tell them all to go **** themselves

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think a lot of other team's fans don't like Coach for the same reason that many here don't: he isn't a media suck-up. That makes their coaches look like what they are (i.e. media suck-ups) in contrast. They become defensive - like some here - and say that Coach is a <your favorite description of disagreeable people here>.

Needless to say, this has less then nothing to do with coaching ability and everything to do with the depressing neediness of some football fans. My response to them would be to a) grow up and b) compare overall winning records.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Accept their opinion as their opinion and move on. While I think it's fine to ponder on other people's opinions, once you start dwelling on the opinions of other people, you'll really be in trouble.