How Would You Grade Your Favorite Sports Teams In 2019?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
How would you grade your favorite sports teams in 2019? Here's how i would grade mine.

Georgia Tech Football D-
Tennessee Football B
Kennesaw State Football A
Appalachian State Football A+
Atlanta Braves A
New York Yankees A
Atlanta Falcons F
Atlanta United A
This is a fun exercise.

I'll go with Tech football C
Tech Basketball C-
Tech Baseball A+ (it didn't end like I wanted, but one of the more memorable and fun seasons we've had in a while)
Atlanta Braves A

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m giving the Falcons a D-, only because they can equal last year w/ a win this Sunday. Final game. No playoffs. No job is safe. Wish we could penalize Blank.

Tennessee gets a C+, I’m glad they got a Bowl. Chance to get more practices.

GT gets a D+, only because he gets a pass being stuck w/ the “smallish offense.”
Recruiting was pretty good w/ a National 25 ranking in the early period. Last cycle in February of 2019, CGC salvaged that class with some nice GTransfers & portal.

Agreed on Braves, Yankees, KSU, United, Appy. St.

I like Fred’s Nats., so I’ll give them a A++ to the infinite power.
GT Baseball gets an A-, I’ll pass on a BB grade for both Men’s & Women’s.
Nell gets an A+, and Volleybees get an A/A-, and Golf gets a B+, while softball a B.
Hawks get a D. I’m tired of the yearly rebuild. Gladiators get a B- & Swarm an A.
Gwinnett Braves get a B. Based on prospects coming in, going out, at rapid speed.
Atlanta Dream, a generous C-, only due to financial restraints on FA.

Totally agree with @THWG that this is fun & a really good exercise.
Nice picks @YellowJacketFan2018 and much praise for starting this fine thread.

Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’m giving the Falcons a D-, only because they can equal last year w/ a win this Sunday. Final game. No playoffs. No job is safe. Wish we could penalize Blank.

Tennessee gets a C+, I’m glad they got a Bowl. Chance to get more practices.

GT gets a D+, only because he gets a pass being stuck w/ the “smallish offense.”
Recruiting was pretty good w/ a National 25 ranking in the early period. Last cycle in February of 2019, CGC salvaged that class with some nice GTransfers & portal.

Agreed on Braves, Yankees, KSU, United, Appy. St.

I like Fred’s Nats., so I’ll give them a A++ to the infinite power.
GT Baseball gets an A-, I’ll pass on a BB grade for both Men’s & Women’s.
Nell gets an A+, and Volleybees get an A/A-, and Golf gets a B+, while softball a B.
Hawks get a D. I’m tired of the yearly rebuild. Gladiators get a B- & Swarm an A.
Gwinnett Braves get a B. Based on prospects coming in, going out, at rapid speed.
Atlanta Dream, a generous C-, only due to financial restraints on FA.

Totally agree with @THWG that this is fun & a really good exercise.
Nice picks @YellowJacketFan2018 and much praise for starting this fine thread.
I would give Georgia Tech baseball a grade of A+,Georgia Tech Men's Basketball and Josh Pastner a grade of F and I give the Georgia Tech Lady Jackets and Coach Fortner a grade of A+:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I would give Georgia Tech baseball a grade of A+,Georgia Tech Men's Basketball and Josh Pastner a grade of F and I give the Georgia Tech Lady Jackets and Coach Fortner a grade of A+:cigar:
I can see an A+, as I gave Danny and the Boys the A- based on the home regional disappointing flop. They did have a fine season, especially considering the amount of games won in the regular season. Always with pitching injuries for some reason.

I didn’t grade GTWBB because of the letdown with CMJ, losing players, et al.
Totally in agreement with Coach Nell and her A+, as she has implemented a culture with what was left to her and having kept most of the team, while molding that talent into a defensive oriented team. Not her fault for Nwora coming in, out of shape. The two losses were to good teams and good coaches. The 4 recruits coming in, will allow us to go up-tempo on offense and in transition. Huge upside, that I know you can feel.

I’m afraid if I gave Pastner an “F,” @kg01 would come over here and call me a hater. He might post pictures of me and the sister of @Milwaukee , while we shared a McGangbang together(it really wasn’t me, see the post under “food” on this site).
Josh did have a good 3 man signing period, & he might need to sign more this Spring.

Milwaukee

Banned
I can see an A+, as I gave Danny and the Boys the A- based on the home regional disappointing flop. They did have a fine season, especially considering the amount of games won in the regular season. Always with pitching injuries for some reason.

Totally in agreement with Coach Nell and her A+, as she has implemented a culture with what was left to her and having kept most of the team, while molding that talent into a defensive oriented team. Not her fault for Nwora coming in, out of shape. The two losses were to good teams and good coaches. The 4 recruits coming in, will allow us to go up-tempo on offense and in transition. Huge upside, that I know you can feel.

I’m afraid if I gave Pastner an “F,” @kg01 would come over here and call me a hater. He might post pictures of me and the sister of @Milwaukee , while we shared a McGangbang together(it really wasn’t me, see the post under “food” on this site).
Josh did have a good 3 man signing period, & he might need to sign more this Spring.

You’re pretty twisted.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You’re pretty twisted.
You’re right. I’ve been called worse than a twisted pretzel. You know I’m cheap though. Spending $2.90 is a burden on my retirement budget. If it really was me, we would be sharing a small(get it?)McLatte together. Acuña can afford those high priced burger/chicken combinations!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Uh, no. I'm on record that Pastner should never have been hired and he should be fired now.

The 'issue on the bball forum is that there's really no need to hammer that topic home anymore

It's so drolllll.

Now, about those pics of Milw's sis?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
upload_2019-12-26_21-3-0.jpeg

She is busy on the phone, talking to Acuna again. I struck out. I’m saving up for that $2.90 McGangbang sandwich. It’s the “little” things that count.

For the record, I’ve never said publicly on any forum or in a letter to TStan to fire him. Definitely has crossed my mind. Not my job. I did suggest to him that something needs to happen to make us relative in the ACC again. Mediocrity or less, is not how GT rolls. Same thing to DRad about Blewitt. Never said outright to get rid of him. A few days later he did fire Paul on a Sunday morning. Son and I were in Greensboro at the ACC T.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
View attachment 7491
She is busy on the phone, talking to Acuna again. I struck out. I’m saving up for that $2.90 McGangbang sandwich. It’s the “little” things that count.

For the record, I’ve never said publicly on any forum or in a letter to TStan to fire him. Definitely has crossed my mind. Not my job. I did suggest to him that something needs to happen to make us relative in the ACC again. Mediocrity or less, is not how GT rolls. Same thing to DRad about Blewitt. Never said outright to get rid of him. A few days later he did fire Paul on a Sunday morning. Son and I were in Greensboro at the ACC T.

Oh my ....

... what was I talking about?