How to get off the see-saw?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Step 1 of getting off the see saw complete.

Step 2 is getting healthy the next two weeks and working on O and D scheme and corrective stuff.

Step 3 is beat UVA.

Do 2 and 3 and we’re on the right side of .500 and a win away from a bowl game with 3 winnable games in a row ahead. VT in ATL, at Miami, who’s more schizophrenic than us, and BC, who’s one dimensional now amd playing a backup QB. Hell, ND looks suspect but a late November game in South Bend isn’t very enjoyable lol.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Not to defend Thacker but we did blitz early to no good outcome. Our guys rushed in there and stuck to a blocker like velcro. When we got some penetration from our DEs they could not tackle the very mobile QB and he just bought more time for their receivers to get open. I was hoping our D would go back to 4 in the DL and maybe do some twists and outside blitzes but Thacker seemed to choose to continue with the 3 man non pressure hoping to get a better outcome. Our rushers seem to want to find a blocker to hand fight with and it looks like we are stuck to the blocker.
Bump.
NO ANGLE RUSH W LB MOVING OVER.

The 3 rush guys often had 5 lb , db standing 5 yds deep. Then qb simply threw over them.

Looked stupid.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
One more thing. Figure out how to cover a god damn TE! This has been an issue going back to the Al Groh era….
If I’m uva VT Miami BC ND and UGA, especially those last 3, I’d work the TE all game long against us. They have plenty of them.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, the only way to get off the "see-saw" of college football is to stop following it. Adults are putting so much emotional investment into 18-21 year olds whose performance is usually going to be erratic. If you can't take the ups and downs of kids playing a sport, you should probably take up gardening.

Jmonty71

Banned
Honestly, the only way to get off the "see-saw" of college football is to stop following it. Adults are putting so much emotional investment into 18-21 year olds whose performance is usually going to be erratic. If you can't take the ups and downs of kids playing a sport, you should probably take up gardening.
The question was more for how does the team get off the see-saw. But, thanks for your all so important input.... I will make sure to take that and wipe my butt with it...