How time flies

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
And just like that. We’re at the halfway point of the season. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the minutiae of game to game that you forget how fleeting this sport is.

Exactly. One of the reasons I have lightened up in the last few years and just enjoyed sports for the individual contests. It seems like just yesterday I was pulling my hair out over the weekly performance of 18-22 year old kids. Now I get disappointed when we lose, but it doesn’t take away my enjoyment of the wins, or even the exciting plays in losses.

And just like that. We’re at the halfway point of the season. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in the minutiae of game to game that you forget how fleeting this sport is.

And just yesterday I swore I was watching Eddie Lee Ivery score another touchdown. Yes, I look so forward to this time of year, Tech Football, Hunting, and the Holidays and in a blink of an eye it is gone. And just now another milestone and needed living here in Colorado.....I had to cut the heat on. We are expecting snow, in fact had a dusting Thursday night.

gtg391z

Jolly Good Fellow
And just yesterday I swore I was watching Eddie Lee Ivery score another touchdown. Yes, I look so forward to this time of year, Tech Football, Hunting, and the Holidays and in a blink of an eye it is gone. And just now another milestone and needed living here in Colorado.....I had to cut the heat on. We are expecting snow, in fact had a dusting Thursday night.
It’s still summer time in Ga. :mad:

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. One of the reasons I have lightened up in the last few years and just enjoyed sports for the individual contests. It seems like just yesterday I was pulling my hair out over the weekly performance of 18-22 year old kids. Now I get disappointed when we lose, but it doesn’t take away my enjoyment of the wins, or even the exciting plays in losses.
I can second that...I missed the first four games of the season due to a medical crisis (admitted Sep 1, discharged Sep 23), and will probably not be well enough to attend a single home game this season. I'm hoping to be able to tailgate, and to be there on Yellow Jacket Alley for the team walkthrough, for the remaining home games—but there's no way I could handle the sun, even on a cloudy day, for a whole game. (My doctor's discharge instructions: "use SPF roof-over-your-head until further notice"...)

When you look at the alternative of not seeing any Tech games at all because you are pushing up the daisies, getting all wound up about wins-vs-losses—or about whether CPJ is the right coach for us—just doesn't seem that important. I don't need a win in order for Gameday to be special; I just need to be there and be part of it all.

Go Jackets!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I can second that...I missed the first four games of the season due to a medical crisis (admitted Sep 1, discharged Sep 23), and will probably not be well enough to attend a single home game this season. I'm hoping to be able to tailgate, and to be there on Yellow Jacket Alley for the team walkthrough, for the remaining home games—but there's no way I could handle the sun, even on a cloudy day, for a whole game. (My doctor's discharge instructions: "use SPF roof-over-your-head until further notice"...)

When you look at the alternative of not seeing any Tech games at all because you are pushing up the daisies, getting all wound up about wins-vs-losses—or about whether CPJ is the right coach for us—just doesn't seem that important. I don't need a win in order for Gameday to be special; I just need to be there and be part of it all.

Go Jackets!

I SO know what you mean! Glad to know you're on the mend, be sure and focus on getting well :D(y):D

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Go Jackets!
I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. Please know that you and @YJAlleyCat are in my thoughts.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
ColoradoJacket, where do you live?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Knock that off. I am headed your way Wednesday with my son, trying to pack light for the Little Big Horn, Deadwood, etc., and to check the progress on that huge Crazy Horse monument. I still have this romantic idea that I will be the one who figures out exactly what Custer did that afternoon, though in thinking on it there was a lot of triple option in the way he deployed his troops. Should have passed more maybe.