How the ACC sees Tech

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I didn't see any threads on this series, but most of it was what you'd expect, so no sweat.

But I think this guy from Pitt hit the nail on the head when he was asked which players he most remembered. Quoth he:

Alex Bookser, Pittsburgh offensive tackle

“What stuck out is that, no matter who was in, (it didn’t change). That’s the thing with Tech. No matter who is in there at the time, it’s that same kind of prototype. This is who our defense is, this is who our offense is, and they’ve got guys who fit that mold. They’re tough. Any of their guys.”

Yep. I think this points to our main recruiting strategy and how Tech plays. We are looking for guys who fit and we want the parts to be interchangeable. Of course, now we have to look for new parts on D, but I think the prospects for that are good.

Now, let's just get a few classes like last year in the house and see what happens.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I know CPJ has said this ad nauseum, but we were two plays from the ACCCG last year. It was cool to see the respect from the ACC, however mild.

Could you elaborate which two plays? Maybe I'm being too forgetful. I assume Miami was one.

Deleted member 2897

Could you elaborate which two plays? Maybe I'm being too forgetful. I assume Miami was one.

Actually, its really a take your pick kind of thing. That 4th down double-tipped ball against Miami makes us 5-3 and Miami 6-2. Miami beat 3 other ACC teams by 1 score or less too. If not for the same type of miracle catch against FSU (or Syracuse or UNCheat), they would have then been 5-3 as well and we would have owned the tiebreaker.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
It's a little bit of a fudge, but UVA. You could pick the Safety, or TM's first pick. It's a stretch but we had the ball on their 32 and were down 4 instead of 2... And the pick set up a score.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT is always thisclose to being a VERY good team. Look at every season since CPJ has been here. We've always been 2-3 plays or defensive stops from winning 9-11 games every year.

Sometimes the ball bounces our way (2008, 2009, 2014, 2016) sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully the addition of CNW takes us over the hump and we become a consistent 9+ win team.