How Should the NFL handle Myles Garrett?

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Following the egregious and flagrant assault on Mason Rudolph last night, if you were Roger Goodell, how would you handle this situation? For those who havent seen it I'll post the link below.

Deleted member 2897

He’s already been reprimanded and fined twice this year. Given that alone, I’d suspend him the rest of the year and fine him $100,000. (His last fine was almost $50,000.) But given the back alley street fighting nature of his conduct, I’d add half of next season onto his suspension - I’d make it a full 16 games.

The mitigating factor is he does seem to have remorse and realize he blew up. Possibly add counseling sessions. Need to help him manage this so it doesn’t happen in his personal life too.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
here's some hits that I (and the internet) was reminded of for reference:

- fined 35k no suspension.

- suspended 3 games (2 were preseason)

I'd be surprised if this was more than 3 games.

Deleted member 2897

here's some hits that I (and the internet) was reminded of for reference:

- fined 35k no suspension.

- suspended 3 games (2 were preseason)

I'd be surprised if this was more than 3 games.

Well this is his third fine and penalty just this year. They typically get progressively worse for obvious reasons.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is the NFL here. They'll probably make him the face of the league.

"And now, watch your quarterbacks, here's the bad boy from Cleveland ... Myyylllless Garrreettttt!!!!"

Milwaukee

Banned
Garrett now claiming Rudolph fired off a "racial slur" at him. Playing the old race card?

I’ve lost all respect for Garrett at this point. Most were willing to let him do his time and then hopefully learn from his mistake but then he pulled this bs this week. He’s lying through his teeth, he’s now officially a pos.