How 'Should' Tech Do in Recruiting Rank - Analysis

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Year 3 for me. And I’m with ATL in believing we will be signing top 25 classes in the near future. Time will tell.

For what it's worth. Based on my latest model predictions. If GT had home attendance of 52,500 and a Football budget of $26 million. All else equal, we'd be predicted to be 30th in recruiting. Those don't seem like unattainable #s. The latest available data is for 2016 and our budget was 22.35 million.

So, if we could get to that level of support. With a good recruiting staff and efficient use of resources we could probably out-perform our support level. Being regularly right around the top 25 isn't an unrealistic goal.

However, if CGC gets similar support to what CPJ and his staff had, then do not expect top 25 recruiting. If you want top 25 recruiting, if you wan to win: donate, attend and spend.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't forget we will have money coming in with the ACC network. Not sure how much or when we get it.

Correct, but our competition will be getting same/similar/more money from their own TV deals. Doesn't move us up the ladder so much as it pretty much moves the whole ladder.

This will (maybe) help the whole ACC catch up with the SEC. But it won't help us vs our ACC peers.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
We don't have nearly as many title 9 sports to fund so more proportionally can go to FB.
Our entire athletic budget is one of the smallest in the all PWR 5. We disproportionately spend on football, and still underfund it when compared to our peers.
61. Georgia Tech, $17.38 million
Paul Johnson uses the triple-option as a talent equalizer and it helps him deal with a financial inequality as well. Georgia Tech has the second-smallest athletic budget in the country, though it does devote a good chunk of it to football.