How Many Yards Will Georgia Tech Run For Against North Carolina?

How Many Yards Will GT Run For Against North Carolina?

• Less Than 100 yards

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 100-200 yards

• 200-300 yards

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • 300-400 yards

Votes: 54 50.5%
  • 400-500 yards

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • 500-600 yards

• More than 600 yards

• Total voters

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
IMO. trying to pick what GT will or will not do is like trying to guess whether a randomly selected squirrel will A) make it across a busy street without getting run over and/or B) how many times the randomly selected squirrel will change his mind about which way to go as he attempts the crossing. I'm going to say 150 rushing/300 passing because I am unable to be surprised anymore with anything concerning our team.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC offense got 530 against vt.
U might want to think how much they may get against us and let that temper your estimate.
Optimistic - go w 400!!!
Pessimism = 200
Vote
Go w 300

UNC actually had more YPC against VT than we did. The fact that they lost a game and only scored 19 while reeling off 6.2 YPC is pretty embarrassing.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Maybe we could have a which GT Team shows up: Jekyll or Hyde? Seemingly it’s a coin toss, but like the guys at work were saying “watch the **** out if the good GT shows up”. 1 mistake by the other team all game & you lose. I wish someone could figure out where that light switch is because it needs to be crazy glued in the on position.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IMO. trying to pick what GT will or will not do is like trying to guess whether a randomly selected squirrel will A) make it across a busy street without getting run over and/or B) how many times the randomly selected squirrel will change his mind about which way to go as he attempts the crossing. I'm going to say 150 rushing/300 passing because I am unable to be surprised anymore with anything concerning our team.

In the last 4 years going backward, we've gotten 403, 374, 249 and 376 yards. Thus I guess 400-500 yards if TO is QB and 300-400 if TM is QB since I think we are better than last year rushing with TO than TM.

If we platoon them we are easily in the 400-500 range since UNC will be more confused and the QB will be fresher than playing the whole game. (@dressedcheeseside agree? :rolleyes:)

Squirrels are very complicated creatures. I'll share this here that I also posted on the Joey Bart baseball thread (he's playing for the Flying Squirrels). https://thepeedmont.com/2018/04/15/...l-road-lacking-requisite-number-of-squirrels/

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Good analogy 4shotB! Have you ever tried to hit one of those little bastards while they are crossing? They always guess right.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
In the last 4 years going backward, we've gotten 403, 374, 249 and 376 yards. Thus I guess 400-500 yards if TO is QB and 300-400 if TM is QB since I think we are better than last year rushing with TO than TM.

If we platoon them we are easily in the 400-500 range since UNC will be more confused and the QB will be fresher than playing the whole game. (@dressedcheeseside agree? :rolleyes:)

Squirrels are very complicated creatures. I'll share this here that I also posted on the Joey Bart baseball thread (he's playing for the Flying Squirrels). https://thepeedmont.com/2018/04/15/...l-road-lacking-requisite-number-of-squirrels/
They will definitely be fresher!

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking ( wishing ) it will be 500 yards of offense total , split 375 rushing and 125 passing. If we can show that " balance " for the next four games , or something similar ,
then we just MAY win out !

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I've been so off on my predictions this year I'm tempted to say we rush for less than 100 just to be wrong again and we put up more rush yards than we have all season. But I'll echo the sentiments of our coach, if we don't turn the ball over and avoid penalties we'll rush for around 400. If we do it'll be around 250.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Some numbers
Acc coastal ( not crummy teams and cross over.
Does experience matter

Looking at recent duke, and unc distribution of upperclassmen verses underclassmen in defensive line and line backers first and second team:

DUKE - ( playing 5 db = 12 players
6 upper and 6 under.
Balanced

VT 4 db = 14 players
2 upper and 10 under
Very inexperienced!

UNC 4db = =14 players
10 upper and 2 under
Very experienced!

Unc players are far most experienced w gt than any one we have played .

unc offense and Duke have a passer thats accurate on short passes and both can rush. Vt not so much. UNC also has break away runner that's fumble prone.

UNC offense better than vt - their defense should be fresh the whole game.

DC for Duke- dont have one. He quit and his duties split between 2 positions coaches. DC for vt well regarded. UNC DC very young - 1 year at unc and 3 at Nebraska. UNC has 4 man line.

Looks like the unc experienced players will be coached by a young DC.

TOSS UP - our coach could dominate or the young coach with the experienced players could. Close game. Or we get hammered.

I am thinking we HAMMER mia because they have not demonstrated the ability to pass).

As Jerry says
GO JACKETS.