How Many Yards Will Georgia Tech Run For Against Minnesota?

How Many Yards Will Georgia Tech Run For Against Minnesota?

• Less than 100

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • 100-200

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • 200-300

Votes: 16 15.2%
  • 300-400

Votes: 45 42.9%
  • 400-500

Votes: 33 31.4%
  • More than 500

Votes: 6 5.7%

• Total voters

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
I claim the 100-200 hit because that goes all the way up to 200. It will be a fantastic day for the Gophers if GT has 199 or less.

Although I expect CPJ to go with what you guys do best...execute the flex option...if there were to be any surprises it would seem to me that GT would pass more...maybe 20 attempts over the game...because the Gophers are so committed at the LOS. Maybe some more trickeration than you guys typically do too.

That offered, I would be disappointed but not surprised if at the end 500+ is where the Jackets end up. You guys are that good.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I claim the 100-200 hit because that goes all the way up to 200. It will be a fantastic day for the Gophers if GT has 199 or less.

Although I expect CPJ to go with what you guys do best...execute the flex option...if there were to be any surprises it would seem to me that GT would pass more...maybe 20 attempts over the game...because the Gophers are so committed at the LOS. Maybe some more trickeration than you guys typically do too.

That offered, I would be disappointed but not surprised if at the end 500+ is where the Jackets end up. You guys are that good.
Pass more? Maybe 20 times?????

CPJ would rather die and go to Hades than throw the ball 20 times in a football game. (Unless maybe it was on our last 20 offensive plays just to mess with people). I think his objective in this game, as it was with Louisville and Virginia Tech, will be to pass....not at all. 0 attempts.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

CPJ would rather die and go to Hades than throw the ball 20 times in a football game. (Unless maybe it was on our last 20 offensive plays just to mess with people). I think his objective in this game, as it was with Louisville and Virginia Tech, will be to pass....not at all. 0 attempts.
Also he now has to beat army’s stat line ;)

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

If we throw it 20 times and rush for under 200, celebrate. You just blew us out.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd say 250-300 Minnesota is not a fast, lateral defense side line to side line so if we can set the edge, which we should, we will have a field day. If CPJ is stubborn, which we know he can be, and tries to go with the dive frequently, that plays to Minnseota's strength. Agaisnt this defense if TQ gets the necessary depth off of the snap to get their guys to commit, they wont stop us.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'd say 250-300 Minnesota is not a fast, lateral defense side line to side line so if we can set the edge, which we should, we will have a field day. If CPJ is stubborn, which we know he can be, and tries to go with the dive frequently, that plays to Minnseota's strength. Agaisnt this defense if TQ gets the necessary depth off of the snap to get their guys to commit, they wont stop us.
Thanks for post s note about depth of set up. I will watch for it.

Army does seem to do it all close to l o s and they seem quicker.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow

Well...that struck a nerve...

I did say "...if there were to be any surprises..." on throwing 20 times in this game. I have been paying attention to what you guys have offered on your team...but probably should have said "throw 10 times" in this game so no-one has a stroke before Christmas.

Like Madison G offered if this were to happen it is because it was a good day for the Gophs. Really won't know of course until the clock reads 00:00 at the end of the 4th.

Increasingly looking forward to the game...

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Don’t think you struck any nerves, you just don’t seem to totally comprehend our identity. Highly doubt we throw more than maybe 10 times.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Well...that struck a nerve...

I did say "...if there were to be any surprises..." on throwing 20 times in this game. I have been paying attention to what you guys have offered on your team...but probably should have said "throw 10 times" in this game so no-one has a stroke before Christmas.

Like Madison G offered if this were to happen it is because it was a good day for the Gophs. Really won't know of course until the clock reads 00:00 at the end of the 4th.

Increasingly looking forward to the game...
Fan to fan I want to say good luck! It’s a bowl game so who the hell knows what’s gonna happen. In the back of my mind I can see us coming out too emotional and letting the staff change and Johnson’s last game get in the way of what they need to do. But like I said, I hope for a good clean game and good luck. Hope you guys are a fun bunch to party with!

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t think you struck any nerves, you just don’t seem to totally comprehend our identity. Highly doubt we throw more than maybe 10 times.
Fair enough. That's what I would expect...and frankly even less if otherwise successful a la don't fix what ain't broke. The GT flexbone is not broken under Coach Johnson...

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for post s note about depth of set up. I will watch for it.

Army does seem to do it all close to l o s and they seem quicker.

They do for sure and if your reads are very quick or you have the burst to have the lack of usual depth be a non factor (usually not the case) it can work wonders, but most do not. Justin Thomas was one where his depth wasnt a necessity because he could make a quick read and had to vision to turn it upfield quickly before the defense could set the edge or maintain their gap control. TQ Marshal for his abilities, doesnt have that knack. Rewatch the UGA game. Nearly every time he got swallowed up was because he had little to no depth off the snap. That makes it easier on their edge defenders because they basically have no read to make and can just sit there and play the QB. That's where we want them to make that choice if do I to take the QB or the pitch leaving the other one open. Now some of that was the piss poor blocking by our guys but that's why you need depth if they shoot the gaps and over-pursue. It allows the play to develop so to speak unless, like JT could, and you make that first guy miss off athleticism alone.

Last edited:

JackD

Georgia Tech Fan

I expect less than 5 passes. I think CPJ's going to try and send a message that his offense does, in fact, work.

Edit: clearly I'm not the only one who thinks this. Didn't read the other replies before posting.