How Many Yards Will Georgia Tech Run For Against Georgia?

How many yards will Georgia Tech run for against Georgia on Saturday?

• Less than 100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100-200

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • 200-300

Votes: 80 58.4%
  • 300-400

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • 400-500

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • More than 500

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m not sure how I feel about the new forecast. It may be a good thing. The field will probably stay slippery for a while. Advantage GT, UGA, nobody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utilizing over 1/2 a century of watching FB AND my GT education, I have this handy flow chart prepared:

IF your team is pass oriented, plays in inclement weather and:
A) your team wins. As a fan, you dismiss the weather as a non-issue, stating that it rain/snowed/sleeted/wind blew/etc. on both teams.
B) your team loses. You insist that the weather conditions worked to the other team's advantage (you may have to ignore the fact that the opponents run the same exact O as you do). For bonus points, mention that you did not have the right type of cleats.

IF your team is run oriented, plays in inclement weather and:
A) wins the game. See step A above.
B)loses. See step B above.

This flow chart is fool proof and works no matter what you, your coach or the analysts call your particular offense - fun n gun, West Coast, wing T, power I, wishbone, etc. I have wasted countless hours of my life watching FB and I am putting his research here for free as a gift to my fellow fans. Use it freely with my permission.

:);)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Utilizing over 1/2 a century of watching FB AND my GT education, I have this handy flow chart prepared:

A) your team wins. As a fan, you dismiss the weather as a non-issue, stating that it rain/snowed/sleeted/wind blew/etc. on both teams.
B) your team loses. You insist that the weather conditions worked to the other team's advantage (you may have to ignore the fact that the opponents run the same exact O as you do). For bonus points, mention that you did not have the right type of cleats.

This flow chart is fool proof and works no matter what you, your coach or the analysts call your particular offense - fun n gun, West Coast, wing T, power I, wishbone, etc. I have wasted countless hours of my life watching FB and I am putting his research here for free as a gift to my fellow fans. Use it freely with my permission.

Vince Dooley after losing to GT in the ultra rainy 1974 game said GT's wishbone was better suited to the terrible conditions because it was a physical offense while the veer offense that UGAG ran bogged down because it was a finesse offense.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Bwahahaha!!! That’s great.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
A wet field seems to keep us from really attacking the perimeter. A passing team seems to have an advantage on a wet field because their receivers know when they are going to cut whereas the defense has to react.

If it quits raining and it’s just a wet field, I think that’s a bad thing for us. I was hoping a steady rain during the game might create some chaos and turnovers...for them.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure how I feel about the new forecast. It may be a good thing. The field will probably stay slippery for a while. Advantage GT, UGA, nobody?

A slippery field sans active rainfall usually augurs well for the passing game, since the receiver knows where he's going and the DB doesn't.
That could help Ugag, if they're the only ones throwing the ball. But if do the unexpected and pass more than usual, we could make use of the wet field.
We average 9.21 yards per attempted pass, seventh in the nation.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Depends on whether Tech can break some bigs runs on ‘em or not. Simple as that.
Just look at last week’s lowly Citadel vs Alabama game. They broke a couple 45 yard TD runs and totaled 275. (Halftime tied 10-10 score btw). Had the nation’s best defense stopped those 2 big runs they’re looking at only 185.

Deleted member 2897

Richt stopped that a few years ago with the refs. Almost cost us the game in 2014 when they allowed them to steal the ball on the goal and run it for a TD. 14 point swing. The play should have been blown dead on forwArd progress.

Not really - the ball was over the end zone. It should have just been called a TD for us. You can see the ball on the replay over the line.