How many Tech games have you attended

Scubapro

Banned
I am not sure...been going to games since 1978. Been a season ticket holder since 1998. Haven't been to all home games since 98 but I attended most of them. Witnessed the Citrus bowl and a few Gator bowls.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I re-read the article, and it turns out I misstated his claim to fame. He has not just attended 200 games, he has attended 200 CONSECUTIVE games, dating back to 2000. That is obviously impressive, but IMO it's also stupid. I can't imagine shelling out all that time and money for anything, no matter how much of a fan I am.
Well, he IS a dwag fan, so it’s not like he has a real life of his own to live...perhaps his ambition is to live up to the (extremely low) standard that “Uncle Lou“ sets...?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I saw some fantastic wins by the Jackets in Athens over the years that I went, but most notably the 1974 game when I took my dad in the bitter wind and rain, and, asking him at halftime if he wanted to leave, he refused saying he was enjoying it too much.
I can still see 183lbs or so Adrian Rucker dragging Bulldogs over the goal line. Old fashion, old school inside veer in the rain.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
In today's Augusta (GA) paper, whose sports page is almost solely devoted to "news" from Athens, there was a column about a "superfan" who has attended 200 games. I thought well damn, that's not really all that many, so I looked at how many I have attended. Using an average of 6 home games a year, even though some years we have played 7 home games, and not including away games or bowl games some of which I attended, and ignoring the 3 or 4 home games which I have missed, I estimate that since I entered Tech as a freshman in 1962 I have attended 348 Tech games. If I were diligent enough to factor in the 7-home-game seasons and the away and bowl games I have attended, the number would be getting close to 400.

So, as another question to ponder in the off-season, how about you guys? How many Tech games have you attended?
+200

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I have been to at least 100 games- when I was young my dad would only take me to the winnable games (Wake, Duke, Div 2) although I saw them tie Furman. Undefeated in Athens (4-0) but have witnessed only one Tech victory over uga at Bobby Dodd in 1999.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Had season tickets growing up, right on the 50 yard line of the upper West stands. From ‘82 to ‘92, probably went to on average 5 home games per year...with the occasional national championship game or All-American Bowl thrown in for good measure. 😀

So I guess somewhere around 55 for me, including a few trips back since moving away in 2000.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw some fantastic wins by the Jackets in Athens over the years that I went, but most notably the 1974 game when I took my dad in the bitter wind and rain, and, asking him at halftime if he wanted to leave, he refused saying he was enjoying it too much.
I was at that game as well. It was my Senior Year at GT and the only win we got against UGA. I stayed the entire game and the most satisfying part of it was having far more GT fans at the end of the game than GA fans! I have been a season ticket holder since 1996 and have gone to one away game per year most of those years plus a scattering of bowl games.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Counting Away games and Bowl games - 250+. Made every home game but two after becoming a season ticket holder in '84. I think I made all the home games as a student in the mid to late 70's. Averaged somewhere around two away games a year, mostly Clemson. Several trips each to UT, ND, AU, NCST, UNC, Duke, FSU, Vandy, Tulane. Orange, Citrus, Peach, Gator, All American. Haven't been to athens since my guts were ripped out there in 1978.