How many people will return?

No where near 25% of power 5 players reach the NFL.
Actually no power 5 conference is at 25%. The SEC is at 24.7% the PAC is at around 12% . ACC falls in the middle. I’m sure we can cherry pick the top programs and find that they are above the 25% range but Then we could probably just go to rivals and 247 and find the same thing. Those who sign the highest rated classes also put the highest #s in the NFL.
#7 on my list above

I'm pretty sure I clearly wrote that if you START for a Pwr5 Program AND can avoid major injuries, then your chances are about 1 in 4 to make at least some money from the NFL

TBH, a 24.7% chance to make the NFL from the SEC is pretty damned impressive, and that's conference wide and that's being dragged down by Vandy

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I say we have ~20 ish guys leave due to graduation, going pro, or transferring. For a lot of the older guys they probably realize that their time is coming to an end and some of the younger have a quicker step and are more talented. It doesnt mean they're a bad player, just that their era at Tech is done and now it's time for the next guy to step up.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I wanna see Curry come back just to set a record as a 7th year player.
I could go for this only at a different position. Yes, I have posted about this before, but again if Curry wants to play in the NFL (he may not want to) his best shot would to take the coming off season to gain good weight and strength and move to defensive tackle. He's 6'2" and already 230 pounds. He tough enough and appears to have very good upper body and arm strength. I don't think he has the speed to be a linebacker at the next level.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I could go for this only at a different position. Yes, I have posted about this before, but again if Curry wants to play in the NFL (he may not want to) his best shot would to take the coming off season to gain good weight and strength and move to defensive tackle. He's 6'2" and already 230 pounds. He tough enough and appears to have very good upper body and arm strength. I don't think he has the speed to be a linebacker at the next level.
6'2" is a roster fantasy.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
230 to DT size in one off season?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
6'2" is a roster fantasy.
Probably a fantasy for a lot of players on all teams. However, we've got guys playing / starting at defensive tackle who are listed at 6'0" and 6'1". Except for the football factories, Power Five type defensive tackles are hard to find for all teams. Remember, Curry is not an 18 / 19 year old, has football smarts and knows our defensive system.

This would never happen. Curry is a solid player on our defense and I think we'll miss him more than you think if he does not return as our MLB in 2021.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Probably a fantasy for a lot of players on all teams. However, we've got guys playing / starting at defensive tackle who are listed at 6'0" and 6'1". Except for the football factories, Power Five type defensive tackles are hard to find for all teams. Remember, Curry is not an 18 / 19 year old, has football smarts and knows our defensive system.
Height isn't that big of a deal, look at Grady Jarret. I don't think I am qualified to say one way or another, but is it as easy to mold our bodies at age 23-25 as it is at age 18-20? If he wanted to gain a good 40lbs and learn how to use that weight properly while also learning a new position, something tells me it would take a lot longer than one off season. An interesting thought but his time would be limited, even if he chose to come back.