How long??

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
1) Taquon was a warrior last night. I love his attitude & abilities

2) I don't think anyone expect him to carry to ball 30+ times a game on a regular basis

With that said, if he does continue to carry the ball anywhere near to # of carries he had last night (say 25 per game for argument sake) how long can he last this season. He took a pretty good beating last night. I am sure CPJ knows this and will move to protect him as the season progresses and he becomes more confident in all of the offense. On the pace he was going last night, I would guess the over/under at about 6 games before he is broken.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
1) Taquon was a warrior last night. I love his attitude & abilities

2) I don't think anyone expect him to carry to ball 30+ times a game on a regular basis

With that said, if he does continue to carry the ball anywhere near to # of carries he had last night (say 25 per game for argument sake) how long can he last this season. He took a pretty good beating last night. I am sure CPJ knows this and will move to protect him as the season progresses and he becomes more confident in all of the offense. On the pace he was going last night, I would guess the over/under at about 6 games before he is broken.

I guarantee that wasn't the strategy. We take what the D gives. Coach said post game they were lining up their MLB 7 yards deep and running him the whole time. They basically had 4 guys inside and the QB follow was just there.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I guarantee that wasn't the strategy. We take what the D gives. Coach said post game they were lining up their MLB 7 yards deep and running him the whole time. They basically had 4 guys inside and the QB follow was just there.

Exactly. And we didn't bust long TDs. Most games our scoring drives will be fewer plays.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. And we didn't bust long TDs. Most games our scoring drives will be fewer plays.
Seemed to me another early game/early QB for which Johnson dumbed down his playbook. When Tenn. cooperated, Johnson ate them up. Shades of Mississippi State.