How hot will CGCs seat be if GT is shutout Monday?

Tmcduffie16

Georgia Tech Fan
I know I wasn’t around last years therefore my assessment of last season is NIL. I see and hear all the noise and maybe most of it is justified… What I can speak about’ is I know football if I don’t know anything else.. I’m the oldest of 5 boys who all played at a high level…My Nephew plays in the NFL and my son here… in NY high school football we have (combined) rushing for over 25,000 yards.. Please don’t misunderstand the reason I’m telling y’all this..It because i’ve seen & been around a lot of football players….Most of the players in that LOOK-ROOM are HUNGRY! From a Talent level we’re second to NO-ONE! when we came to Ga. my biggest concern Depth and that’s been resolved…. We can go 2 deep at every position on the team without a major drop( maybe Jeff) The coaches especially on the Offensive side is Exceptional….I’ll take a older seasoned team over a brunch of 4 star ⭐️ Rotating 18/19 players any day of the week….
To me our Ceiling if we get a few lucky bounces is 10-2(GA OLE MISS) I think 8-4 is where we going to finish and most of the boys are going to be upset about 8-4……

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I know I wasn’t around last years therefore my assessment of last season is NIL. I see and hear all the noise and maybe most of it is justified… What I can speak about’ is I know football if I don’t know anything else.. I’m the oldest of 5 boys who all played at a high level…My Nephew plays in the NFL and my son here… in NY high school football we have (combined) rushing for over 25,000 yards.. Please don’t misunderstand the reason I’m telling y’all this..It because i’ve seen & been around a lot of football players….Most of the players in that LOOK-ROOM are HUNGRY! From a Talent level we’re second to NO-ONE! when we came to Ga. my biggest concern Depth and that’s been resolved…. We can go 2 deep at every position on the team without a major drop( maybe Jeff) The coaches especially on the Offensive side is Exceptional….I’ll take a older seasoned team over a brunch of 4 star ⭐️ Rotating 18/19 players any day of the week….
To me our Ceiling if we get a few lucky bounces is 10-2(GA OLE MISS) I think 8-4 is where we going to finish and most of the boys are going to be upset about 8-4……
Well, good sir, I choose to believe you and not my lyin’ eyes!! To be fair, I haven’t actually laid eyes on anything since last November so I hope beyond hope that we have been quietly building a monster. Thanks for posting!
Makes me like the fact that we get some tough opponents out of the gate; we’re focused and maybe they’re a little surprised. Hoping by about week 7 we aren’t sneaking up on anybody but still taking care of business!

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Preach it! Most of the fans don't understand the importance of depth at this level--something we haven't had the last 3 years.

People say we haven't gotten better, but that's not true. We won 25% of our games in 2019 with an offense recruited for the option and poor defensive talent, and 30% of our games in 2020 with no FCS team on the schedule. Last year we were 3-3, then had injuries and NO DEPTH at critical positions. Hopefully, we stay much healthier than last year, and depth helps keep players healthy.

I don't know about 8-4, but this is a different team that what people have seen the last 3 years, and by different, I mean better. Offensive coaching and better depth on both sides of the ball are a big piece of that.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Preach it! Most of the fans don't understand the importance of depth at this level--something we haven't had the last 3 years.

People say we haven't gotten better, but that's not true. We won 25% of our games in 2019 with an offense recruited for the option and poor defensive talent, and 30% of our games in 2020 with no FCS team on the schedule. Last year we were 3-3, then had injuries and NO DEPTH at critical positions. Hopefully, we stay much healthier than last year, and depth helps keep players healthy.

I don't know about 8-4, but this is a different team that what people have seen the last 3 years, and by different, I mean better. Offensive coaching and better depth on both sides of the ball are a big piece of that.

Agreed, depth certainly helps. Unfortunately, coaching matters and the leader of the ship hasn't shown any semblance of competence in three years. Maybe this is the year that all changes.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck

Depth has been a problem as long as I've been a GT fan (about 35 years). It always will. It's a problem for every non top tier program.

In the end the results will start showing the answers on Monday. Go Jackets

JacketFan137

Banned

Attachments

• 4A79E2E4-0944-4DD4-9AEF-439F2CCB245C.jpeg
    4A79E2E4-0944-4DD4-9AEF-439F2CCB245C.jpeg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Glad to hear from you and the perspective. Actually getting me excited. Thank you!

One of the most important things in sports (life) is a short memory and embrace the grind of daily improvement. While I have little hope for beating Clemson, getting better and making a bowl would be a major step forward.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Given CCL's track record, I doubt this would happen, unless he's been severely hamstrung.
Chip seems to be a good offensive coach.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Everyone wants this to be true. I’ll be the first one to donate to a statue of Collins if he can turn his rhetoric coming off the plane in 2019 into results. He had me then and he can get me back if he produces. But the bottom line is GT is my team regardless of coaches.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
In this current century, GT has been shutout only 3 times; once in 2019 and twice in 2021. Prior to that it was a rare occurrence. The path for CGC is pretty clear. Although some fans will be enraged with our 3rd consecutive shutout, the temperature won't move much for his "hot seat." The probability for us being held scoreless is far less that the probability that we will win the game, so count on us scoring.

For those of you who are convinced that we will win, I suggest you break your piggy bank and bet the money line. You stand to make 10 - 11x on your wager.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Sign me up for this!!!

@Tmcduffie16 can you be our locker room correspondent and our board morale officer?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Given CCL's track record, I doubt this would happen, unless he's been severely hamstrung.
Chip seems to be a good offensive coach.
Chip actually went up against Clemson in 2018 in the playoffs with an undefeated ND team. They scored 3 points with 248 total yards.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In this current century, GT has been shutout only 3 times; once in 2019 and twice in 2021. Prior to that it was a rare occurrence. The path for CGC is pretty clear. Although some fans will be enraged with our 3rd consecutive shutout, the temperature won't move much for his "hot seat." The probability for us being held scoreless is far less that the probability that we will win the game, so count on us scoring.

For those of you who are convinced that we will win, I suggest you break your piggy bank and bet the money line. You stand to make 10 - 11x on your wager.
I was disappointed in the money line - thought it would be at least +1600. 1100 is kind of a rip off.

Spread is up to +22, though, and the over/under is 48.5. I do like GT +22 and the under.