How good is Notre Dame?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Could they actually be good enough to compete with Bammer or Clem's Son? They crushed Syracuse, and Clem's Son barely beat Cuse.

Syracuse had everything break their way vs Clemson (eg muffed punt w 10 yd TD drive, Trevor Lawrence first game starting and knocked out, etc) and they still lost. So, I wouldn’t go transitive property on that game alone.

I do think ND can hang with Clemson, however. Ian Book is legit and ND has some speed on D.

slugboy

Staff member
Syracuse had everything break their way vs Clemson (eg muffed punt w 10 yd TD drive, Trevor Lawrence first game starting and knocked out, etc) and they still lost. So, I wouldn’t go transitive property on that game alone.

I do think ND can hang with Clemson, however. Ian Book is legit and ND has some speed on D.

I think they will hang with Clemson. If they played a set of games, I think Clemson wins the majority of the time, but I can see ND winning 3 or 4 times out of 10.

Looking at The S&P numbers
Clemson D: 1 <-> 27 Notre Dame O
Notre Dame D 3 <-> 11 Clemson O
Special teams about even (average, surprisingly)

I’m thinking 21-17 or 24-18 or 17-13 or something like that—not an amazing high score. I think the big question is whether Clemson can cut loose on offense. Notre Dame’s D vs Clemson’s O is probably the story of the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Hopefully not good enough to beat USC but they do look for real. We need Mike Leach in the playoffs though. This just has to happen in our lifetime.