"How do you spell Train Wreck..."

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Everybody just needs to go back to their original uniforms and stop with the stupid ATL crap

if I see ATL in a Braves jersey, I’m going to loose my ****

Here is the best uniform the Falcons ever wore

6_8411959.jpg

Why did they ever change it?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
ahh gotcha. didnt realize that. pretty sure they have had some bad ones since nike took over too

Michigan-florida.jpg

this one is bad to me. the one you posted with adidas doesnt look that bad to me. most this is all subjective anyways.

I agree, especially with the subjective part. The Adidas ones looked a lot better than that color rush trash Nike puts out, but still, when you're a school as steeped in tradition as Michigan, there's really little reason to be straying far from the original.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I know it very well.

At a Falcon game in old Fulton Cty stadium, Rankin Smith was walking up the stairs after some half time presentation. I had the aisle seat next to my Dad, then my Mom. As smith walked by i made the comment that the uniforms needed more Gold. He mumbled something under his drunk azz breath about being a ga grad.

I looked at Dad and he was, somewhat under his breath, laughing with delight. Mom, however, had daggers piercing thru my soul. When we got home there was some lecture about respecting your elders.

The Official NFL registered Falcon colors are red / black / White and Gold.

And that is why i think the birds would have done better with something similar to the soccer team.

Wow, I had no idea that white and gold was in the teams colors because I've NEVER seen any on the unis. Talking about throwing a dry hard bone to the Tech folks.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Wow, I had no idea that white and gold was in the teams colors because I've NEVER seen any on the unis. Talking about throwing a dry hard bone to the Tech folks.

Many, many, many of the old guard of the Atlanta business world had hoped Mr. Jim Clay ( i believe that was his name) would get the pro franchise for Atlanta

It seems (outside of all the other "politics" on such things as rewarding a pro football franchise) that Mr Clay wanted to pursue an AFL franchise instead of NFL. Supposedly his vision was such that an AFL franchise would allow ATL to mature with the league, have a little more success than going the NFL route, and he believed in the explosion of pro football and tv exposure.

He was said to have truly believed, with Lamar Hunt, that Rozelle would not allow the AFL to prosper at the NFL expense - hence the future merger.

But NFL glitz ruled the day - despite the fact that the "clampetts" would run (Ha!) the organization.

Years after the first Falcon coach, Norb Hecker, was fired he was referenced in a book about Lombardi. (If my memory serves correctly). He was a well thought of Lombardi asst. In the book he told of how Rankin Smith allowed, at the time, his young boys to make one of the draft choices. How Smith wasted a draft choice by taking John Wayne. And how they drafted a non football playing, basketball player from ugag.

Clampetts.

Last edited: