How do you feel about the Duke game?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Sooooo about the Duke game, the closer we get to game time the more I feel that this should be a game we control from the start.

If we're truly going to return to the upper echelon of the ACC we can't be eeking out victories over Duke. As improved as they are they still lack the depth of talent to hang with us.

This.

ToddM

AE,

My last post was a frustrated response to your accusation that I was lecturing you or anyone else. It was a response to your claim that I questioned your loyalty, or anyone else's .

You did get an attitude from me in the last post, you pissed me off. I called for humility from the fan base, as a fan I can and do expect us to be, and think we are, better than the other teams fans. I do not question your loyalty nor your fire, and judging by our argument would most likely love to play on the same team as you, as you are passionate.

Again I did not mean to lecture you.

I apologize if I stated my thoughts in such a way that it made you feel like I was demeaning you in anyway ( in my original post, I was being a smartass in my last one ) However I don't apologize for defending myself from your accusations.

Can we just agree to be the loyal fans that it seems we are ? We agree, Tech should win, I just don't think we should proclaim it so. That's just my opinion.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I almost used the term "butt hurt" to describe a fellow poster. That right there tells you this board is going in a bad direction.
Helping or hurting, dcs? Helping or hurting?! :penguin:

Anyway, it looks like Todd and AE duked it out semi-cordially enough for an internet message board. And yes, pun totally and absolutely intended.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Give them boxing gloves, let them go a round and then the winner gets a pat on the back.

In all honestly, what GT could use more of is "passionate" fans.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If I want to follow two internet tough guys go back and forth (present company excluded), there are plenty of other boards I could go to. What I like about this board is it's about the game and about GT, good and bad. I'm tired of the posturing on other boards and the endless "big cry." There's a reason I've posted over 75 times in 5 months here and about twice that in 9 1/2 years on another board. I don't feel like I'm going to get jacked up if I say something that may not be brilliant analysis. Just saying...

ToddM

I too like this board because of the info it provides. I was part of, or maybe all of, an interruption from that stream of info and I would like to apologize to all other fans and board members for causing you to endure my part of the side show.

You have my word it will not happen again.

This is the best Tech board I have found.

Thanks guys

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
One of the best things about the "Swarm" is that it appears that the vast majority of the posters want to focus on Tech and not the "look at me" attitude that tends to be so prevalent on other sites. There is a degree of self policing and that lends itself to high quality discussion that appeal to me. If someone wants to be the "brilliant, look at me poster" there are a lot of other sites for those individuals and, I for one, am most grateful for that option ;) Let's keep the "Swarm" THE site for fun, quality interaction. I know, we're all never going to agree on everything but we should be grown ups about it LOL!!!

Go Jackets, sting the dookies tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
"I just want to know one thing: will those dirty playing, dirty coached, chop blocking bums even get one flag?"

I wonder if Cutcliffe's comments this week were directed at this part of the Duke fanbase.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
In the spirit of the last few posts, I like this site because I get info not available anywhere else without a lot of work.
I try to contribute info when I run across something I find interesting and that is important to me. I do not do, or approve of, the ego trips that I find on other sites, in particular, the ajc sites. I would like to see this site be an info sharing site.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
In the spirit of the last few posts, I like this site because I get info not available anywhere else without a lot of work.
I try to contribute info when I run across something I find interesting and that is important to me. I do not do, or approve of, the ego trips that I find on other sites, in particular, the ajc sites. I would like to see this site be an info sharing site.
I'll jump on the band-wagon and give Eric his props on a very nice site with lots of insider info. The only thing I dislike about the site is the censorship for language. Remove the auto-censor and the site is perfect.