How do we fix this nightmare....

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozinbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
It would be hard to right now so late into the game. The best plan would be a well thought out course, nothing rash. This should have been implemented in early December. So for now I saw allow PJ to finish the year while building up your new staff using back channels and put it into action after the UGA game in Nov

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
You understand your post about to get deleted.
Why? He asked for coherent thoughts. Let's see if people can actually provide coherent responses without it getting emotional, personal, nor obnoxious.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My opinion is the rules are simple. Keep it clean, respectful and constructive. Back up what you say with thought. Don't soapbox and no personal attacks. Others may feel differently. (I know you didn't ask me)

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
2) Fire everyone.
I realize this is the answer that some of you guys have suggested and it is a more viable option probably after next season but does anyone have any other ideas so that we're not suggesting the same thing that has been suggested by the same 4-5 people in countless other threads?

That's the only way I can see this thread going in a direction worth discussing. Otherwise, everyone knows where this thread will end up.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
All I did was ask a question
you're not going to have a problem here. ATL1 was here ahead of a large influx of members from another board. His approach to solving our football team's issues was different that most of the posters at that time, and he caught some heat. Since then, many more like-minded members have joined, so it's been an adjustment.

I personally think ATL1 brings some good questions to the forum. I'd prefer a little more "positivity", but that's just me.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
John hadn't read every threAd

He just got here
John's been a member here for a few months. Either way, I don't think he is clueless to what has already been suggested not only here but everywhere across every GT board. It's also been posted by forensicbuzz to get it out of the way earlier in this thread as well.

So I accept that firing the head coach is an option although I don't think anyone here can actually do something about that this year. So to me it's beating a dead horse and would actually be very incoherent to talk about over and over again.

So what else do we have?

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
See if I can rescue this thread:

I. With the assumption of CPJ staying
1. CPJ hire and offensive coordinator
1. the offense gets more balanced and the run pass ratio goes to 60/40 or min 65/35
2. scrap the a back/b back for a more tradition slot WR and running back titles and get a damn TE
3. the triple option becomes part of the offense instead of the base of the offense
4. more pistol, diamond, and spread formations designed to get skill position players in space.
5. the OLine scraps much of the cut blocks in favor of zone blocking with more power run and pass protection principles.

2. CPJ falls back and allows Roof to be more of the face of the program when dealing with the media and marketing. (someone more personable and charismatic)
3. Design a better strong marketing program for the athletic department
4. Give tickets to area schools and football rec leagues to get young people to fill up the nose bleeds and ect
5. Recruit recruit recruit. Make recruiting a top priority.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The thread assumes the situation is a nightmare. It offers no coherent defense or explanation of that assessment. The person who originated the thread has admitted legitimate personal insult from the coaching staff because they misled him about the reason for his son not receiving an offer. There is no excuse for that disrespect, imo. However, I don't agree that returning disrespect is right either.

I look forward to seeing whether question begging becomes a legitimate forum loophole.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the only thing that would positively affect the situation is if a large body of alumni went to the school to express their support for the team and help get our team as many exceptions and resources as it wants. Put the ball squarely in our coach's court, otherwise holding him accountable for the results is a meaningless gesture.

I get that people don't like him, but the simple truth is we've had identical results with our past two coaches despite them having completely different systems, personalities, everything. That tells me that it's bigger than the coach.

As a program we need to maximize the amount of support we are able to give our coaches and student athletes. No recruiting restrictions with an increase in recruiting resources along with improving the resources needed to get better at developing the athletes we do get on campus. As boosters, that's the most we can do for our program to make it successful for whoever we get to coach here.

56JacketDE

GT Athlete
I think the only thing that would positively affect the situation is if a large body of alumni went to the school to express their support for the team and help get our team as many exceptions and resources as it wants. Put the ball squarely in our coach's court, otherwise holding him accountable for the results is a meaningless gesture.

I get that people don't like him, but the simple truth is we've had identical results with our past two coaches despite them having completely different systems, personalities, everything. That tells me that it's bigger than the coach.

As a program we need to maximize the amount of support we are able to give our coaches and student athletes. No recruiting restrictions with an increase in recruiting resources along with improving the resources needed to get better at developing the athletes we do get on campus. As boosters, that's the most we can do for our program to make it successful for whoever we get to coach here.
Gol finished top 25 from 97-01
Paul Identical? No

Status
Not open for further replies.