How about that D?

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Forensic is right. We're playing russian roulette with scheme to cover a lack of talent/strength. So, I can't say we're doing great, but the turnovers and points are much appreciated and something we haven't seen a long while.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
We played strong in the run game. Few big breaks but I thought we did a much better job of holding positions and keeping our run fits

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Second half much better gameplan. More pressures. Got to brewer and it paid off. It helped to shut down their run but more importantly we totally blanked their perimeter run and LOS pass game.

This was big. I hope roof gets more comfort in bringing more pressure now too.

Congrats to the D. But you have to repeat this 16 more times every half. Keep intensity up

Matt E

GT Athlete
Nice job of mixing it up and confusing the QB. We have 2 weeks to get ready to do the same to a true frosh QB. Hopefully it will be a night game/white out and the crowd will be loud.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't say it worked great. It was enough, but I'm tired of seeing 8-12 yard cushions by the corners. If we don't have good enough DB's to cover man, change the scheme.

We do not get a good enough pass rush with 4 to leave our CB's on an island, so that is why the cushion is so large. Our D lacks talent, size, and speed, but we got some good coaching, and some very timely plays from our D and their QB today.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I said before the game that the real question was our D against their O. After the first half, I was pretty encouraged about that part of the equation, especially since our O problems were our own fault, mainly due to penalties.

But I got what I wanted: a complete football game. It wasn't pretty, but there was n0 fall off of effort on either side of the ball and the D played extremely well in the last half. Having them pick up a fumble and get a TD from it was simple bad luck and other then that they were pretty much bupkas.

And I bet I know what Bud Foster was thinking after the game was over, "OMG! Two more years of that guy!?! We're screwed! We're so screwed!"