How about that crowd at UVA!!

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
UVA really packed the house today! Although a lot of you love to complain, I'm happy I can say I have NEVER seen Bobby Dodd that empty. Just let this be one of those "mental notes" you reflect upon before you complain about attendence in the future. No matter how disappointing things seem, it can always be MUCH WORSE!

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
My God, comparing ANY aspect of our football program to a never accomplished anything uva program, and trying to use it as a positive is one of the saddest things I have ever seen happen with GT football.
I wasn't comparing us to UVA or anyone else football wise. I was simply pointing out how empty the stadium was so I could forever link to this thread everytime I have to read about GT attendance. Maybe I'll add some pics, everyone loves pics!!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Wait til Saturday at BDS. I'm sure it'll be empty
Then we play at Dukes funeral home for a stadium. Luckily, we get to close out the year to a sold out BDS! And when I mean sold out I'm talking about GT fans that sold out and let UGA fans buy up tickets. It'll be embarrassing to see BDS 60-70% red.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
As of now we are in no place to talk about anyone that can't sellout home games. And I hate to agree uga will have 50% in our place. People talk about CPJ needs to recruit better but if your are a 4 or 5 star recruit and come to the uga game and look up and see 50% uga fans vs 50% GT fans would you want to come here? Hence we get the players who are looking for a education first.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
UVA really packed the house today! Although a lot of you love to complain, I'm happy I can say I have NEVER seen Bobby Dodd that empty.

Though I appreciate you trying to see the glass as half-full, I take issue with you implying that those who want and expect more from our football program just “love to complain.” Since when does being a passionate fan mean you have to be happy with mediocrity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
UVA really packed the house today! Although a lot of you love to complain, I'm happy I can say I have NEVER seen Bobby Dodd that empty. Just let this be one of those "mental notes" you reflect upon before you complain about attendence in the future. No matter how disappointing things seem, it can always be MUCH WORSE!

Sorry to respond again, but I can not help but remember (must have been repressed) in 1980, one week after tying #1 n.d. at Grant Field, watching us play Navy before 17,000 at Grant Field. So, I guess, sadly I HAVE seen what you have been spared from.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
When half the stadium is the opposing team fans. It usually portends a coaching change. AD's don't like it.

Being a GT fan since 1988 I always wondered why we didn’t have passionate and emboldened fans. Sad to say but after being on this forum has assured me of why we don’t. I will continue to be a fan of GT but now I understand the apathetic and poor pitiful us attitude of our fans. Until this fanbase demands more from what we get it will remain meh. As a sidewalk fan I guess I will have to tolerate it until there is s change if it ever happens. I plan on retiring in 12 years and am moving to the north ga mountains and will be a season ticket holder. I can only hope that some things change between now and then.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Being a GT fan since 1988 I always wondered why we didn’t have passionate and emboldened fans. Sad to say but after being on this forum has assured me of why we don’t. I will continue to be a fan of GT but now I understand the apathetic and poor pitiful us attitude of our fans. Until this fanbase demands more from what we get it will remain meh. As a sidewalk fan I guess I will have to tolerate it until there is s change if it ever happens. I plan on retiring in 12 years and am moving to the north ga mountains and will be a season ticket holder. I can only hope that some things change between now and then.
Donate your retirement fund. Be the change you want to see in the world.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Look I have been a season ticket holder since 1981 . We all want to see us go 14-0 . But I have no reason why we can't fill our Stadium . A lot of people on here don't live that close . We did fine till we went to 55,000 since then we have had trouble filling all the seats.
What part of north georgia are you looking ?

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
Look I have been a season ticket holder since 1981 . We all want to see us go 14-0 . But I have no reason why we can't fill our Stadium . A lot of people on here don't live that close . We did fine till we went to 55,000 since then we have had trouble filling all the seats.
What part of north georgia are you looking ?

Almost no one in my graduating class lives in Georgia. I still travel to Atlanta for games, but I lose motivation to spend time/money to return when we are not very good.