How about our front 7 vs Vandy?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What would you do and who would be your first 7 out there?

I think this is a RRC type of game (and so does he). Maybe more of Adams, Cerge or Branch? Guessing PJ Davis is chomping at the bit too.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'd roll our normal front 7 out there, but with Adams, KCH, and maybe Branch rotating in. On short yardage or early downs I'd still love to see Gamble at SDE, Adams and KCH in the middle, and Kallon at WDE, simply b/c I don't think we'll need a pass rush on 1st down or 3rd and short. Vandy throwing scares me <0.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone surprised we haven't seen Tyler Cooksey play? I know he is a RS Fresh, so is still developing, but he was one of our higher rated defensive players from the 15 class and would like to see what he could have done against Mercer.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone surprised we haven't seen Tyler Cooksey play? I know he is a RS Fresh, so is still developing, but he was one of our higher rated defensive players from the 15 class and would like to see what he could have done against Mercer.
He wasn't even really engaged in the defensive huddles on the sideline vs. Mercer, which I interpret as he's got a ways to go for playing time. Not like he was sulking, just wasn't preparing like he was going in. I wasn't checking near the end of the game when he may have been closer to getting a look.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Freeman is out for me.

Simmons, gamble, cerge, rook or saint armour

If not that I may consider simmons, cerge, kallon/adams/glanton dt rotation, gamble sde

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

I think this is a RRC type of game (and so does he). Maybe more of Adams, Cerge or Branch? Guessing PJ Davis is chomping at the bit too.
Gamble's arm is thicker than my leg.
080716-tech-football-HS13.jpg

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He wasn't even really engaged in the defensive huddles on the sideline vs. Mercer, which I interpret as he's got a ways to go for playing time. Not like he was sulking, just wasn't preparing like he was going in. I wasn't checking near the end of the game when he may have been closer to getting a look.
Needs muscle in legs.
Looks thin like Whitehead.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll say this much, the log jam in the middle of the LOS looked different when Adams was in there the other day. Just saying. There is a lot of stuff that determines whether a guy is ready to start or not, but go watch the film. It was different. He can plug stuff up, even against the double team. We may need that tomorrow.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Simmons - RRC - Adams - Gamble - Freeman

PJ - Mitchell

I go with a 5-2 look with Gray periodically blitzing from the safety spot.

Make them throw it and catch it.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

I'd roll our normal front 7 out there, but with Adams, KCH, and maybe Branch rotating in. On short yardage or early downs I'd still love to see Gamble at SDE, Adams and KCH in the middle, and Kallon at WDE, simply b/c I don't think we'll need a pass rush on 1st down or 3rd and short. Vandy throwing scares me <0.

What's the word on Branch anyway? He was 'game ready' in the spring, and I expected to see him at least rotate in every once in awhile, if not on the two-deep. But as far as I know, nothing. Is he hurt?

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck

interesting observation. Let's hope he turns into the playmaker we all thought he could be when he committed to us

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'll say this much, the log jam in the middle of the LOS looked different when Adams was in there the other day. Just saying. There is a lot of stuff that determines whether a guy is ready to start or not, but go watch the film. It was different. He can plug stuff up, even against the double team. We may need that tomorrow.

"I'm big." and he plays that way.

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
What's the word on Branch anyway? He was 'game ready' in the spring, and I expected to see him at least rotate in every once in awhile, if not on the two-deep. But as far as I know, nothing. Is he hurt?
He seemed to be limping on the sideline last week. Just my observation. I haven't heard anything.