Horrible experience at BDS yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
So I bought two tickets to the game yesterday from StubHub. I know, I bought it from a Third party instead of GT Athletics, but I figured it wasn't a big issue.

I traveled down to the game yesterday and when I arrived it said that the ticket had already been used. They sent me to the Ticket Office and the guy just shrugged. "You shouldn't have bought third party. I can't help you". I knew probably a third of the stadium was empty and I showed him proof of my purchase, by yes, a third party, but still, they saw proof of purchase, had it on record I bought a $400+ ticket package from them two years ago and there were PLENTY of seats. They didn't even TRY to find some sort of solution other than just telling me I could buy tickets up front to get in. You think we'd have better customer service.

I'd understand if the game was sold out or even if they made an attempt to try and find a solution and couldn't, but there was no effort at all to try and work something out and several fans and former players complained about the crowd yesterday. There were plenty of seats. Maybe nothing could have been done, but they should have at least tried. Hell, at least pretend to try.

So I had plans to go the game and instead had to listen to it on the radio on the way home. At least we won. Not sure if I'll bother to go to BDS again anytime soon.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Not crazy about twisted taco being the primary concession in the club section :(

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Its on the gtaa website (ramblin wrsk) near ticket sales.
Just a joke.
Sorry u got pumped on stub hub.
Let us know if they help u out

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I don't see how this is a BDS issue in any way. So you are planning to boycott BDS because you got scammed by a third party?

Never said I was "boycotting". It was a long trip for no reason. I'm a sidewalk fan. There's no real obligation for me to make that trip again this season after and unfortunate situation put a bad taste in my mouth.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Sorry your experience with stub hub was bad, but you should take it up with StubHub.

What should GT have done? They can’t give you an equal priced ticket, nor could they confirm you weren’t running a scam wherein you let people through with your purchased tickets then tried to get extra seats for free. Caveat emptor.

If you purchased on a credit card you may also be able to get a refund from them after you try working through SH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If there were seats available - and there were - and you had money in your hand - and I take it you did - the ticket office should have come across with seats. Right Away. Or, even better, issued tickets and offered to help you with suing the ticket vendor in small claims court. Just one college doing that would scare the beejesus out of the ticket thieves.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't let one ahole at the stadium make that decision for you but I understand it must have been a horrific experience.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
So u bought a bmw from a guy without warranty

It broke down the next day.

You then drove to the bmw dealer and asked them to fix it for free since you just bought it

And they said are you joking

And you got mad and will never buy a bmw again.

Ok man. Makes sense.

Sometimes. You get screwed. And no one owes you anything let alone a school who u purposely chose not to use to by seats for whatever reason. The only lesson here is dont by from stubhub again. Or spend more money on a second set of tickets.

If i were you i would be going after stubhub for a refund. Iirc the have a policy

jrgray

Georgia Tech Fan
Not sure what you expected Tech to do for you. Your problem is with StubHub and the person who sold you the tickets, not Tech. I could easily create a fake proof of purchase.

Jmonty71

Banned
This happens at other stadiums. Stub Hub needs to be contacted and complained to. It's just not college football. It's pro and not limited to any sport. Scammers are out there.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So I bought two tickets to the game yesterday from StubHub. I know, I bought it from a Third party instead of GT Athletics, but I figured it wasn't a big issue.

I traveled down to the game yesterday and when I arrived it said that the ticket had already been used. They sent me to the Ticket Office and the guy just shrugged. "You shouldn't have bought third party. I can't help you". I knew probably a third of the stadium was empty and I showed him proof of my purchase, by yes, a third party, but still, they saw proof of purchase, had it on record I bought a $400+ ticket package from them two years ago and there were PLENTY of seats. They didn't even TRY to find some sort of solution other than just telling me I could buy tickets up front to get in. You think we'd have better customer service.

I'd understand if the game was sold out or even if they made an attempt to try and find a solution and couldn't, but there was no effort at all to try and work something out and several fans and former players complained about the crowd yesterday. There were plenty of seats. Maybe nothing could have been done, but they should have at least tried. Hell, at least pretend to try.

So I had plans to go the game and instead had to listen to it on the radio on the way home. At least we won. Not sure if I'll bother to go to BDS again anytime soon.

Personally, I would've just bought more tickets at the BDS ticket window. Then I would've taken the issue up with the third party vendor. If it was Stubhub, they have a guarantee. If I didn't get anywhere with that, I would've disputed the charge on my credit card with the credit card company and let them deal with it.

Sorry you had a bad experience but I'm not sure how BDS has turned into the bad guy in this scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Sorry, but locking this thread.

You probably should have reached out to stubhub's customer service yesterday instead of talking to the box office employees but I would definitely suggest reaching out to them now if you haven't already as it sounds like stubhub is the source of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.