Hornets & Yellow Jackets

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It was good to get the young guys some burn. It is going to take some time for Saba and Rodney. James Banks had a redshirt season after transferring. These guys have only been here a few months. Pastner admitted that the non contact practices probably hindered their development as well. Saba needs to play stronger. Right now he is pretty weak with the ball. As he gets stronger and more experienced he should be able to finish better down low. I think both big guys will improve significantly by next year.
You can tell Maxwell has been out for a while. Pastner mentioned he has been out since July and has only been practicing full court for about a week. It will take him a while to get back in shape and get his legs back. He will also need to learn where he fits in the offense and defense. It may be a few more weeks for him to earn any consistent playing time.
James Banks did not have a redshirt year after transferring. We thought he was going to have to sit out the season, but he found out the day of the Tennessee game he was given a waiver and drove from Atlanta to Knoxville in time for the game that night.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
James Banks did not have a redshirt year after transferring. We thought he was going to have to sit out the season, but he found out the day of the Tennessee game he was given a waiver and drove from Atlanta to Knoxville in time for the game that night.
Dang it. You are right. My memory is failing me.

GT_EE78

Banned
Can we give that waiver back to them?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Jose and Moses might be my favorite duo in GT basketball history. Watching them develop the past 4 years has just been really enjoyable and ultimately what I like college basketball more than the pros. It's going to be a very weird feeling not having them here.
I agree 100% on your post!! Those 2 guys are a lot of fun to watch, and Moses history in his lifetime is really amazing knowing his Dad died early in his life; his mom has been a truly great Mother! One of the Mother of all Mother's! And Jose is a Daddy of about a one yr old child! Yes for me they have over taken my favorites as I thought about it last night! My favorites were D Scott, R Yunkus, K Anderson, R Kiaser, and J Forest!