Homebrewing

jpilgrim6

Georgia Tech Fan
Reading the thread about Woodstock, I saw a few people discussing homebrewing. Was curious how many other people here have tried and how it's turned out for you.

My buddy and I started last year so we're still really new to the whole scene. We've made 3 batches so far (not counting a 1 gallon one that turned out poorly). Have learned a lot each time, still haven't made a beer that I'd brag about to my friends yet.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Reading the thread about Woodstock, I saw a few people discussing homebrewing. Was curious how many other people here have tried and how it's turned out for you.

My buddy and I started last year so we're still really new to the whole scene. We've made 3 batches so far (not counting a 1 gallon one that turned out poorly). Have learned a lot each time, still haven't made a beer that I'd brag about to my friends yet.

Everybody tells me that I make good beer but they may just be being nice. Started off doing extract and quickly switched to all-grain. Started with two SS pots on propane then switched to one pot BIAB and now I have a Grainfather (love it). I’ve done lagers and ales but not every batch was a success...some ended up going down the drain. Right now, I have a Guinness clone, Harp Lager, and a Peach IPA on tap. The Guinness is meh but the other two turned out great. Brewing is a lot of work but the upside is that drinking your hobby is fun.

Great thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I make muscadine and scuppernong wine every fall does that count?

I’d like to try that. Somebody told me that beer takes more time and effort than winemaking but I don’t know that for sure. Do you use a kit or do you pick your own fruit? I made hard cider one time and a cherry mead but no wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
No kit, and yes i pick my own fruit. I can pm you the recipe i use if your interested. Its pretty easy.

jpilgrim6

Georgia Tech Fan
I haven't made wine before, thought about making a peach wine though. Have always heard they're fairly simple to do