Home Depot/Loews gold paint

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Painting a room with white and gold. I got the RGB/HSV/CMYK/etc. values from the GT website, but can Home Depot or one of those big box stores match to those values?

If not, what color gold should I go with? I'm looking at a few options but in general most of the test ones I've played with are a bit too dark.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Painting a room with white and gold. I got the RGB/HSV/CMYK/etc. values from the GT website, but can Home Depot or one of those big box stores match to those values?

If not, what color gold should I go with? I'm looking at a few options but in general most of the test ones I've played with are a bit too dark.

I have never tried, but I have read that lots of people have issues trying to do that at HD and Lowes. You would probably be better taking the PMS value to a dedicated paint store to see if they have a Pantone book and will match the color to the PMS paint chip.

Milwaukee

Banned
If you're in Georgia go to any of the local Sherwin Williams and tell them you want the new Tech gold. You can get samples for 5 bucks to test on your wall to see which you like.

If you're in Georgia go to any of the local Sherwin Williams and tell them you want the new Tech gold. You can get samples for 5 bucks to test on your wall to see which you like.
Are you in Georgia? I don't think you have anything to refute my assumption, but I just assumed from your name, plus some of your posts, that you were in Wisconsin.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I am not in Georgia. But as a general question, can those places take CMYK or whatever values and convert them into paint?

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
Oops, didn't see the response above. It didn't show up until I viewed this on a different browser. Anyway, thanks @RonJohn

Also, I knew you were referring to @Milwaukee but I was also pointing out that I wasn't in Georgia.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
987993D2-9EBE-4186-831A-069B778C55D5.jpeg
Home Depot and Lowes couldn' t do it for me 6 months ago. Sherwin Williams store did it with both the gold and contrasting official navy blue using the pantone pallet of colors. Gold looks great. Call the store first to be sure they have the pantone color book. Ours in Newnan did because they do a big business with all the movie/tv shooting around here. Gold matched the season ticket holder addidas shirt.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
If you have a swatch of anything with the right shade of gold, Lowes, HD, SW, etc can get you a very good match.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
I tried to get the addidas shirt color matched and they could not do it. That is why i ended up with the pantone number at SW. HD had a university official color book that had not been updated last spring. Maybe they do have it right now.

I sent an email to the AA about the troubles getting the colors and suggesting our marketing people contact HD, Lowes, etc. I got no response of course - 35+ years of AT and season tickets apparently doesn't warrant even a form letter.

I tried to get the addidas shirt color matched and they could not do it. That is why i ended up with the pantone number at SW. HD had a university official color book that had not been updated last spring. Maybe they do have it right now.

I sent an email to the AA about the troubles getting the colors and suggesting our marketing people contact HD, Lowes, etc. I got no response of course - 35+ years of AT and season tickets apparently doesn't warrant even a form letter.
Tells me they just don't care.