Hire Geoff Collins

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Listen, I’m tired of the “it’s Clemson” garbage. For this year Clemson is not what they have been. They are ranked 11th because most folks realize their offense just sucks. We lost to the worse Clemson team in a decade and some of you are feeling good about it. Clemson did everything to lose that game and we still couldn’t win. I really think you should step back and realize that we lost a close game to a not top ten team and yet we should feel satisfied. Are you kidding? And by the way in 60 minutes of football we scored 2 field goals on offense. How anyone feels good about that I just don’t understand.

uga, a top 2 team, played the same Clempson team for 60 minutes and only scored 3 points on offense. Haters gonna hate.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
What the heck does UGA playing Clemson in game 1 have to do with us? Yes, UGA couldn’t score either. Guess what? Game 1 is different than game 3. UGA is scoring now and we still can’t figure it out. Holding Clemson up as some sort of moral victory is just as bad as believing KSU showed we are on the right track. We’ve played 2 real games so far in year 3 and lost both and looked offensively inept in both.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Clempsons offense might be rebuilding but their D is not. Our guys played their butts off and we lost. We beat them in most categories on the stat sheet. As a former college athlete, I don't believe in moral victories, but I do recognize progress when I see it. A perfect game of football had never been played by any team, although we were close against Cumberland, so im not sure what you're looking for.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Listen, I’m tired of the “it’s Clemson” garbage. For this year Clemson is not what they have been. They are ranked 11th because most folks realize their offense just sucks. We lost to the worse Clemson team in a decade and some of you are feeling good about it. Clemson did everything to lose that game and we still couldn’t win. I really think you should step back and realize that we lost a close game to a not top ten team and yet we should feel satisfied. Are you kidding? And by the way in 60 minutes of football we scored 2 field goals on offense. How anyone feels good about that I just don’t understand.
Before the Clemson game, what was your final score prediction? Wasn’t the result better than your prediction? Yes, Clemson is not the same team they were but do you realize that CGC hasn’t beaten a P5 team that ended the season with a winning record? I’m not satisfied with a loss either but this close loss looks like a big step in the right direction. If we win or keep it very close against UNC, I’ll have a bit of optimism moving forward.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I get it. We played them close. But, It wasn’t because we played well. They played very bad. We scored 6 offensive points. If we lost 32-26 I’d be way more optimistic. But we can’t close the deal in the red zone and it’s an ongoing problem whether Clemson or NIU.

If we keep it close against UNC I’ll be thrilled and maybe buy a step forward for our defense. But I’ve watched enough football to see the whys. It’s like last year when we beat FSU and we all thought this was about to get real. It took another 2 weeks after that to realize both FSU and us were just horrible. Looking back at the Clemson game, they played very very poorly and we still lost. We could be in for a rough season because these teams we thought we could beat are looking ok. I’m talking about UVA, VT types. I think Howell will use his legs to shred us on those “money” downs like we saw all last season.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
What the heck does UGA playing Clemson in game 1 have to do with us? Yes, UGA couldn’t score either. Guess what? Game 1 is different than game 3. UGA is scoring now and we still can’t figure it out. Holding Clemson up as some sort of moral victory is just as bad as believing KSU showed we are on the right track. We’ve played 2 real games so far in year 3 and lost both and looked offensively inept in both.
We've played 3 real games. Our offense hasn't looked stellar, but it's not looked inept either. The first game took a while to get going and we were able to move the ball on arguably the best defense in the Nation. uga is relevant because they're considered the #2 team in the nation and scored less than we did on offense. Please stop crapping on our team.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I get it. We played them close. But, It wasn’t because we played well. They played very bad. We scored 6 offensive points. If we lost 32-26 I’d be way more optimistic. But we can’t close the deal in the red zone and it’s an ongoing problem whether Clemson or NIU.

If we keep it close against UNC I’ll be thrilled and maybe buy a step forward for our defense. But I’ve watched enough football to see the whys. It’s like last year when we beat FSU and we all thought this was about to get real. It took another 2 weeks after that to realize both FSU and us were just horrible. Looking back at the Clemson game, they played very very poorly and we still lost. We could be in for a rough season because these teams we thought we could beat are looking ok. I’m talking about UVA, VT types. I think Howell will use his legs to shred us on those “money” downs like we saw all last season.
You watched that game and really don't think we played well? That's a mighty small hill for you to try and die on, but to each is own. Let's jut get behind OUR TEAM and pull them through tomorrow! Go Jackets!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'd have loved a midline inside the 5, but it means being smooth as silk with the mesh, and we ain't. There are LOT of mesh-based plays I'd have loved, if we could run them.

I'm not sure why most teams don't have a midline in their playbook. Even teams that don't run the option. Pretty much every team has a QB "sneak" play in short yardage situations. Same difference in my opinion...except the midline is a superior play because it lets the QB read the holes and defense as opposed to barreling forward hoping the OL has the push to create space in that one gap.

Nesbitt was MONEY with the midline. To this day when we have short yardage situations all I can think about is running midline!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I largely agree, @Techster , but I’ll add that midline requires a very quick read and can be hard to get right immediately if your QB isn’t a natural; usually, it takes lots of work. I’ve seen some shotgun midline concepts that are easier to read but they have downsides too.

Definitely. Obviously more mechanics involved with the QB and offense overall for a midline vs standard QB keeper.

BTW...great seeing you back on here. We've missed your X's and O's insights. Hope you have been well.