High praise for CPJ from ACC peers ...

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, Cutcliffe admired him so much he tried every dirty trick in the book he could against him from lobbying the conference for that off week every year, to twisting the QBs ankle, to running down recruiting in public, to whining about 'dirty blocking' non-stop. If that's respect, I'd rather be disrespected.
I think all coaches expect that their opponents will do what ever they think will help them win, up to a point. It's like Bob Devaney said, "I don't want to win enough to be placed on NCAA probation, I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation." That's the way a lot of these guys think. One thing I like about Paul is that he really did run a clean program everywhere he coached.

I agree about Cut; he ticked me off constantly. Oth, I'm pretty sure that he's sincere about what he says.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
From the article, "Cutcliffe said he was sad to hear of Johnson’s decision.
'I’ll miss him,' he said. 'I think he’s a guy that made me better.'

I think that's truer than Cutcliffe imagines, for better or worse.
It seems like Duke under Coach Cut collapses every season after playing Georgia Tech:cigar:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Cutcliffe has lobbied against cut blocks for a long time. He has used that against us with recruits . Says a DL will have to practice against it for 4 years and never learn how to pass block. He has now lost that argument. Duke also played Army ahead of us to get used to 3O. They didn’t expect army to be that good. He did seem to have our number the last few years. I am ready to take them down in the future. He is probably glad to get our 3O off his schedule but we should recruit better head up with them. They have done pretty well recruiting in GA and we need to slow that down.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Cutcliffe has lobbied against cut blocks for a long time. He has used that against us with recruits . Says a DL will have to practice against it for 4 years and never learn how to pass block. He has now lost that argument. Duke also played Army ahead of us to get used to 3O. They didn’t expect army to be that good. He did seem to have our number the last few years. I am ready to take them down in the future. He is probably glad to get our 3O off his schedule but we should recruit better head up with them. They have done pretty well recruiting in GA and we need to slow that down.
I'm ready for Coach Cut to retire and Duke returning to winning 2-3 games every season;):cigar:

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan

They have recruited well, in part, because we were running the triple option. They picked up skill position kids that would normally have come here. CPJ leaving is definitely going to hurt duke in recruiting.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Cutcliffe was pretty ugly in the past about Johnson... but then no one says anything bad about you at a funeral even if you're the supreme ******* and now that Johnson is retiring, nothing but nice things. One thing for sure tho - I'm glad we had Johnson, Duke can have Cutcliffe.