Hey is it time to talk Uni's

Milwaukee

Banned
"So a playa can ride out, to the honeycomb hideout, imma show you how to wild out" - Big Boi

I sing that every time we come out in those lmao
I don't hate them but they should be tweaked a little.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
The honeycomb helmet could work but the yellow stripe needs to go, and the hue of the entire helmet is yellow compared to the white jerseys. Something just doesn't seem right.

I'm a classic man.

I'm actually in 100% agreement on this one. 100%. And I really dig the honeycomb concept, but it's not QUITE there. Remove the yellow stripe on teh hemet, and only wear it with blue (or gold) jerseys, and it's a sharp look, but you can't wear it with white because from far enough away, the honeycomb just looks like a light yellow helmet.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The white helmet we wore years ago vs UVA (The one in the Calvin pic) should be the ones we wear during whiteout game. I have to agree with Milwaukee and Ilovetheoption. The honeycomb helmets don't really have the same pop when worn with all white.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I personally like having blue in the uniforms. I know some people like the blue and some people don't. I recently re-read Bobby Dodd's autobiography (Dodd's Luck), and it says that for the 1948 season, "Dodd ... addressed the team's uniforms. He abandoned the traditional Tech garb-drab, mustard-colored jerseys" (must have been the wrong shade of mustard), "in favor of two color-coordinated combinations: blue shirts and white pants, or white jerseys with gold pants. 'A well dressed team has more pride and self confidence' Dodd explained. 'Those uniforms are worth about a touchdown a game' ."

So when people start talking about Tech's "traditional" uniform (especially the old geezer that some people have mentioned on this site that will yell at people who wear blue on game day), I wonder which traditional uniform they are talking about.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I personally like having blue in the uniforms. I know some people like the blue and some people don't. I recently re-read Bobby Dodd's autobiography (Dodd's Luck), and it says that for the 1948 season, "Dodd ... addressed the team's uniforms. He abandoned the traditional Tech garb-drab, mustard-colored jerseys" (must have been the wrong shade of mustard), "in favor of two color-coordinated combinations: blue shirts and white pants, or white jerseys with gold pants. 'A well dressed team has more pride and self confidence' Dodd explained. 'Those uniforms are worth about a touchdown a game' ."

So when people start talking about Tech's "traditional" uniform (especially the old geezer that some people have mentioned on this site that will yell at people who wear blue on game day), I wonder which traditional uniform they are talking about.

Typically the one they grew up with. Which varies. But many also refer to the "official" school colors which has always been white and gold (old gold?)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Read some UT blog, or something, that said ut was the visiting team but they would wear their Orange shirts and GT would wear White. Whatever that is worth.
My understanding is that the "visiting" team wears white jersey. However, the home team can ask the visiting team to wear a dark jersey instead, thus allowing the home team to wear white.
For GT most teams are more than willing to wear their "home" colors on the road. Every now and then they don't.

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
It's dumb rule from the days of B&W TV anyway. Should be lifted and we could have more color-color games.

BranMart

Georgia Tech Fan
It's dumb rule from the days of B&W TV anyway. Should be lifted and we could have more color-color games.
They got rid of that rule a few years back when USC and UCLA complained. Just has to be contrasting colors now. You do have to ask permission first so the conference can decide if the colors contrast enough.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
They got rid of that rule a few years back when USC and UCLA complained. Just has to be contrasting colors now. You do have to ask permission first so the conference can decide if the colors contrast enough.
Thanks... Shows how old I am I guess [emoji3]

I thought we've had times that our visitor has opted to wear white and we had to wear gold or blue tops. Maybe that was before 2009...

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
If you have an instagram check out @adidasfballus. I'm already imagining our guys up there next year!