Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what people think, I’ve read those same guesses about antibodies. But the reality is that almost nobody has reported getting Covid twice. Likewise, we’re not too far away from a year since clinical trials started, and none of them are reporting getting Covid.
I don't know if you saw my earlier post about this, but a good Tech friend of mine from over near Athens, in his early 40s and visibly in very good shape, got Covid twice within a 10 month period. He originally said the first bout was the sickest he had ever felt, but he later said that the second bout was even worse than the first. I don't know how common this is, but it definitely does happen.

Deleted member 2897

I don't know if you saw my earlier post about this, but a good Tech friend of mine from over near Athens, in his early 40s and visibly in very good shape, got Covid twice within a 10 month period. He originally said the first bout was the sickest he had ever felt, but he later said that the second bout was even worse than the first. I don't know how common this is, but it definitely does happen.

Yes, it does happen. But in infinitesimal numbers. Some people just have wonky immune systems. The kind where I wouldn't doubt if that guy doesn't protect himself he might keep getting it over and over.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Why do a lot of folks get a flu shot every year then? The medical community even advertises such.
Because flu viruses evolve so quickly, last year's vaccine may not protect you from this year's viruses. New flu vaccines are released every year to keep up with rapidly adapting flu viruses.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Why would we think that Covid-19 won't evolve like the flu does?
It might. What we now call the flu and get flu shots for are evolutions of the 1918 Spanish Flu virus. If COVID-19 follows the same path, then it will continue evolving, but become much less contagious and much less deadly. If that is the path that it takes, then it actually will become what skeptics last year were saying: "nothing worse than normal flu".

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
My 30 something daughter is fully Pfizer vaccinated and tested positive. Definitely has it. Lost sense of smell Sat. Husband negative (also full vaccine).

Binax at-home test showed positive and then confirmed by doc office. 2 very young children including a nursing baby - her doc and the pediatrician said keep on with it and don't worry about it unless the kids start showing bad symptoms. She wears double mask.

Other than the loss of smell (but still can taste) and being really mad about it happening even with a lot of precautions, she is fine. Health department did call to do contact tracing and said it is rare to see with someone with both shots done a month before catching it.

Stuff happens. Oh well.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
My 30 something daughter is fully Pfizer vaccinated and tested positive. Definitely has it. Lost sense of smell Sat. Husband negative (also full vaccine).

Binax at-home test showed positive and then confirmed by doc office. 2 very young children including a nursing baby - her doc and the pediatrician said keep on with it and don't worry about it unless the kids start showing bad symptoms. She wears double mask.

Other than the loss of smell (but still can taste) and being really mad about it happening even with a lot of precautions, she is fine. Health department did call to do contact tracing and said it is rare to see with someone with both shots done a month before catching it.

Stuff happens. Oh well.
Even their own numbers say 95%. That's not 100%, right? ;) (didn't forget emoji this time!)

LibertyTurns

Banned
When the truth finally comes out it’s buried on pg 45 below the fold like this one. Somebody needs some jail time here.

Deleted member 2897

When the truth finally comes out it’s buried on pg 45 below the fold like this one. Somebody needs some jail time here.

Well some of us called this long ago. You could tell by what she wanted to report and through her actions that she was a real piece of ****.

I am stunned that Yahoo News would publish that. They seldom publish the truth when some measure of politics is involved. Similarly, last night Tucker Carlson interviewed for the second time the Chinese virologist who blew the whistle on the bat vs lab controversy more than a year ago and was vilified by the Chinese, the American MSM, and the liberal politicians and organizations in this country. Other than the Chinese, they have all come around now and retracted their earlier lies about this woman. It's a fascinating interview ---

Deleted member 2897

This just shows how hopeless large sections of our population are. This is all make believe bull****. You can’t find where to get a shot? LOL. Not from a trusted place? (You don’t trust hospitals, Walmart, Costco, drug stores, grocery stores…). LOL. Can’t take time off work? (Nobody works 7 days a week 365). LOL

Deleted member 2897

CDC Director Rochelle Walenski:
Yesterday: This data gives me hope.
Two weeks ago: We are expecting a surge in cases in May.
Six Weeks Ago: I have an overwhelming sense of doom.

🤣🤡 🤣🤡🤣🤡🤣🤡

GT_EE78

Banned
I am stunned that Yahoo News would publish that. They seldom publish the truth when some measure of politics is involved. Similarly, last night Tucker Carlson interviewed for the second time the Chinese virologist who blew the whistle on the bat vs lab controversy more than a year ago and was vilified by the Chinese, the American MSM, and the liberal politicians and organizations in this country. Other than the Chinese, they have all come around now and retracted their earlier lies about this woman. It's a fascinating interview ---

MSM owes the US an apology for spouting the CCP propaganda,so does Fauci.
Even fauci is flip-flopping away from his previous "conspiracy theory" BS.

Fauci is looking more and more everyday like a very dangerous man. Most recently it has been revealed that he has been involved with research at the University of Pittsburgh that included grafting aborted human fetuses to rats. https://www.thecollegefix.com/pitt-...ue-for-human-rat-grafting-experiments-report/ DISGUSTING !!!

Deleted member 2897

Status
Not open for further replies.