Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure where he's going with that question. Covid thus far has a 12,000 per 7 million chance of death. (562,000 total deaths across 330 million people converted to his 'per 7 million people' number.) That's a pretty poor comparison to 1 in 7 million for a deadly vaccine interaction.

Deleted member 2897

Covid deaths in the US 2 days ago were 300. I only count a handful of days since last spring that had daily death counts lower than that. Another datapoint you won't read much in the news. We are really close to turning a big corner.

Deleted member 2897

Just be careful about that bandaid, dude. I lost skin pulling one off after my first shot... :cry:

I slightly jammed 1 of my fingers when I closed my door getting back in the car afterwards - freaking vaccines.

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure where he's going with that question. Covid thus far has a 12,000 per 7 million chance of death. (562,000 total deaths across 330 million people converted to his 'per 7 million people' number.) That's a pretty poor comparison to 1 in 7 million for a deadly vaccine interaction.
I think his rhetorical point is that we shouldn't be closing schools if covid isn't bad enough to accept a vaccine with a 1 in 7 million death chance. The fact that the CDC and FDA are recommending a halt to a vaccine with way better outcomes than covid is pretty eye opening.

Deleted member 2897

I think his rhetorical point is that we shouldn't be closing schools if covid isn't bad enough to accept a vaccine with a 1 in 7 million death chance. The fact that the CDC and FDA are recommending a halt to a vaccine with way better outcomes than covid is pretty eye opening.

Ah, makes total sense that way - thanks for that explanation.

GT_EE78

Banned
1 death in 7 million doesn't seem like justification to halt distribution.
They probably just not telling us what else they know.

GT_EE78

Banned

GT_EE78

Banned
Australia has ruled out using the J&J vaccine.

Another one, Novavax is expected to get EUA next month.
this one sounds more traditional
"The vaccine also uses a different technology to the Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccines. It’s a “protein subunit” vaccine; these are vaccines that introduce a part of the virus to the immune system, but don’t contain any live components of the virus."Novavax includes an adjuvant based on a natural product known as saponin, an extract from the bark of the Chilean soapbark tree.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
you were lucky,this dude lost ALL of his skin
Actually, I've had worse. I had an allergic reaction to antibiotics a couple years back that triggered something called Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (aka Stevens-Johnson Syndrome)—which sounds a lot like what that guy suffered through. All my epidermal skin just sloughed off my body, and I spent three weeks in an induced coma in the Grady Burn Center ICU while they fought off sepsis and waited for my skin to grow back.

Very nearly killed me...so yeah, I guess I was lucky.

Dammit, now you have me all half-freaked out. I just did a google search matching "TEN + Covid Vaccine", and I'm not liking the number of hits I've seen. Fortunately, they mostly seem to be saying that there is nothing to worry about—but having lived through it once, I DO NOT EVER want to go there again...

Deleted member 2897

The CDC is at it again. This **** is just incredible.

They are recommending airlines keep middle seats open as it is proven to reduce spread.

The catch? They are leaning on studies for MASKLESS fliers. Masks are required on airlines. And that’s the funny part - it’s a ****ing federal mandate anyway. LOL. ****ing idiots.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Returning to Georgetown, do students have a right to attend irrespective of the university rules? Does the university have the legal authority to establish their own rules for attendance?

Deleted member 2897

Returning to Georgetown, do students have a right to attend irrespective of the university rules? Does the university have the legal authority to establish their own rules for attendance?

All any of this nonsense takes is a single lawsuit and they'll all have to back down. The mandate to be vaccinated against certain diseases is common sense in university settings due to the highly dense nature of contacts. Covid is no exception. But for the small point that vaccines haven't been fully approved yet. Half of the vaccines in general use under emergency exceptions have now been paused due to harmful side effects and deaths (AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson). These universities have their hearts and minds in the right place, they're just way too far out over their skiis compared to the science.

Also, as EE points out correctly, expecially at the age of their student population, covid is no more deadly than the flu. They don't need to put such overly aggressive mandates in place yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.