Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Dr Fauci isn’t sure LOL. I’ll answer - it’s a novel virus. Same reason why all developed countries’ numbers are similar despite a range of differing approaches. Same reason why more open states are doing significantly better than those that are **** down. Poor guy, LOL. He should stick to throwing out first pitches, where he has a better chance of throwing a strike.

Deleted member 2897

Wait, isn’t your response supposed to be man up and take the shot like a big boy? 🤣. I’m glad we don’t have the AZ vaccine here. It’s been suspect from the start - only two-thirds effective, more side effects, and they were caught monkeying with their data.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Dr Fauci isn’t sure LOL. I’ll answer - it’s a novel virus. Same reason why all developed countries’ numbers are similar despite a range of differing approaches. Same reason why more open states are doing significantly better than those that are **** down. Poor guy, LOL. He should stick to throwing out first pitches, where he has a better chance of throwing a strike.
Yes, it’s a novel virus. That means its severity, how do you treat it effectively, how does it transmit, how it emerged, etc was not well known. That being said it’s a virus. It didn’t take a rocket scientist gene splicer brainiac to understand you could probably catch it from other sick people, masks were probably going to blunt the spread, packing into a subway was probably not a good idea, hey it came from China so shut off the faucet, old & sick/unhealthy people were more at risk than the young & healthy, etc.

In baseball it’s 3 strikes & you’re out. He’s damn near staring at a perfect game of strikeouts without a hit. Damn Fauci, try bunting if you can’t swing and hit the ball.

Milwaukee

Banned
Wait, isn’t your response supposed to be man up and take the shot like a big boy? 🤣. I’m glad we don’t have the AZ vaccine here. It’s been suspect from the start - only two-thirds effective, more side effects, and they were caught monkeying with their data.
Won’t get the shot until I absolutely have to, and it’ll eventually happen. And when that day comes I won’t act like a female about it for 3 days 😂.

Deleted member 2897

4.6 million shots delivered yesterday. As is often the case, we are the envy of the world.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It’s wide open down here in Florida. Next door neighbor took her teenager to county site, drove up, logged in & was vaccinated and on their way in less than 30 mins.
NYS is 16+ also, at this point. Volumes probably make getting an appointment tricky, but people are on their way.

GT_EE78

Banned
4.6 million shots delivered yesterday. As is often the case, we are the envy of the world.
everybody is going there
1618185405167.gif

Deleted member 2897

More good news on covid deaths.

If you scroll down to table 1, you'll see that our total deaths in this country have been running below the expected number for the last 5 weeks. That means, whether or not covid even existed, the total number of people dying from all causes is less than we would normally expect. And remember, (if you follow the footnotes to that chart) expected deaths is based on the average deaths from 2017-2019. That's a silly average to compare to, since our population is aging. So we're actually running a lot less than the number of deaths you would expect right now.

You won't see that on any news shows.

Deleted member 2897

Michigan is probably the most Covid restricted place in the country right now. And the CDC is recommending to double down on stupid. LOL. When might they learn thats part of the problem? I suppose after all this time it proves the answer is never - they’ll never learn.

GT_EE78

Banned
maybe nothing but J&J getting paused at some locations (4 states))
CDC and FDA recommend US pause J&J rollout.

Deleted member 2897

Chicago teachers are going on strike so they don’t have to start teaching in-person again. One of their key demands is that students and their parents all get vaccinated first. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Kids don’t even have emergency approval to be vaccinated yet, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.