Here's a COVID thread for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTRoy

Georgia Tech Fan
so you want to attach a stigma onto your friends and family if they haven't taken a vaccine?
u gonna ask for the vaccine passport too?

Haha, I wasn't planning on it. But, it will let me know if I need to continue to wear a mask around them or at least offer them that courtesy if they want.

GTRoy

Georgia Tech Fan
Just read this in an article:

On Tuesday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Rochelle Walensky announced that studies have confirmed that those who are fully vaccinated pose little or no threat of spreading COVID-19.

“Our data from the CDC today suggest that vaccinated people do not carry the virus,” Walensky said.

Now keep in mind, the CDC also says if you’ve been vaccinated, you should not travel, you should not congregate with other people, and you should wear a mask. They’re not waiting on data. They’re not being extra cautious as they’ve hinted before. They know their recommendations are unnecessary.

What kind of nonsense is this?

Agree that it's very unlikely. I'm seeing more and more data to that as well. The new CDC direction seems a bit alarmist, but I'll take it over "Everything is fine," when it clearly isn't. But, I'm also 100% with you that they have ventured into overly cautious a few times recently which is just discouraging. People are smart and will put up with a lot if you are clear and show them the light at the end of the tunnel.

Luckily I saw today that they are planning to walk back the "you should not travel" guidance, which makes sense.

The best part about the vaccine is that it puts this whole situation into one where the US is strongly suited to perform well.
  • Pre-vaccine, the situation was one that rewarded collectivist thought/action. Stay home for others; Wear the mask as it protects the other person.
  • Post-vaccine, it's "get this shot to protect yourself and your household." If the other person doesn't want the shot, that's on them. (Outside of the threat of continued spread creating variants, which is kind of a hard sell).
We're also great at shipping, logistics, and distribution, which is why our rollout has been strong, especially in the past two months.

By the way, thanks for having a civil debate/discussion on this.

GT_EE78

Banned
Haha, I wasn't planning on it. But, it will let me know if I need to continue to wear a mask around them or at least offer them that courtesy if they want.
it's nice you would offer to do that but it's really "how do you get that info" ?
it would violate hippa privacy law for folks to go around telling or asking one's vax status.
that may become an issue as people get back to socializing more.
I'm not sure how to handle that, but it's none of anyone else's business anyway.

GTRoy

Georgia Tech Fan
it's nice you would offer to do that but it's really "how do you get that info" ?
it would violate hippa privacy law for folks to go around telling or asking one's vax status.
that may become an issue as people get back to socializing more.
I'm not sure how to handle that, but it's none of anyone else's business anyway.

Super fair, and I agree. My example was with family and friends that are likely to talk about it anyway. For more general acquaintances, I wouldn't want to ask because it really isn't my business. At that point, it would just depend on the situation (public vs. private).

Deleted member 2897

Agree that it's very unlikely. I'm seeing more and more data to that as well. The new CDC direction seems a bit alarmist, but I'll take it over "Everything is fine," when it clearly isn't. But, I'm also 100% with you that they have ventured into overly cautious a few times recently which is just discouraging. People are smart and will put up with a lot if you are clear and show them the light at the end of the tunnel.

Luckily I saw today that they are planning to walk back the "you should not travel" guidance, which makes sense.

The best part about the vaccine is that it puts this whole situation into one where the US is strongly suited to perform well.
  • Pre-vaccine, the situation was one that rewarded collectivist thought/action. Stay home for others; Wear the mask as it protects the other person.
  • Post-vaccine, it's "get this shot to protect yourself and your household." If the other person doesn't want the shot, that's on them. (Outside of the threat of continued spread creating variants, which is kind of a hard sell).
We're also great at shipping, logistics, and distribution, which is why our rollout has been strong, especially in the past two months.

By the way, thanks for having a civil debate/discussion on this.

Yea, given we now have actual studies they acknowledge that show something, it’s perplexing why they’re intransigent on this stuff. Especially given we need to encourage as many people to get the shot as possible.

GT_EE78

Banned
probably better if everyone just tells everyone else they had the vax to avoid the hassles and nosy types.
no i'm not really sure.

Deleted member 2897

Pfizer shot #1 yesterday. The expected soreness in the arm, but doing well.

Looking forward to getting to GT hoops games next year.

I had my first Pfizer shot Thursday. Mild soreness in the arm, but that’s probably because the needle is 8 inches long.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Pfizer shot #1 yesterday. The expected soreness in the arm, but doing well.

Looking forward to getting to GT hoops games next year.
Talking to the guys at work it seems many are heavily fatigued starting 36-72 hrs after the shot. I noticed I was dragging from day 2 thru 4. Day 5 had a sore throat which hasn’t really gone away but not sure if that has anything to do with the shot. Could be Florida spring allergies.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Talking to the guys at work it seems many are heavily fatigued starting 36-72 hrs after the shot. I noticed I was dragging from day 2 thru 4. Day 5 had a sore throat which hasn’t really gone away but not sure if that has anything to do with the shot. Could be Florida spring allergies.
Everyone I know who's gotten zonked from it started occurring within 6-8 hours, so by the time they were going to bed and through the next day. I'm about 22 hours in.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Everyone I know who's gotten zonked from it started occurring within 6-8 hours, so by the time they were going to bed and through the next day. I'm about 22 hours in.
Could be we’re all getting them after work and don’t realize we dragging yet the next day, but one thing has been fairly clear that at the 36 hr point damn near everyone complained of being worn down. I did go to bed early the next evening so maybe it had hit already but being busy at work prevented me from noticing until I woke up the next day and felt like I had been rolled,

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Could be we’re all getting them after work and don’t realize we dragging yet the next day, but one thing has been fairly clear that at the 36 hr point damn near everyone complained of being worn down. I did go to bed early the next evening so maybe it had hit already but being busy at work prevented me from noticing until I woke up the next day and felt like I had been rolled,
This was my fear, so I targeted a Friday afternoon shot so I'd have the weekend to chill out, in case of anything.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I had my first Pfizer shot Thursday. Mild soreness in the arm, but that’s probably because the needle is 8 inches long.
I got mine a week ago Thursday. The needle was no big deal, but damn—that bandaid they put on my shoulder tore a one-inch patch of epidermal skin off when I removed it.

What did they use in that thing, industrial-strength epoxy?

Milwaukee

Banned
Never heard so many people complaining about a shot, we’re so extra. Flu shot, not a complaint, tetanus shot, no words, covid shot: omg I’m off my feet and not even myself for 3 days 😂.
Buck tf up and shut tf up. You got a shot in your arm, that’s all. It wasn’t a minor surgery haha.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Never heard so many people complaining about a shot, we’re so extra. Flu shot, not a complaint, tetanus shot, no words, covid shot: omg I’m off my feet and not even myself for 3 days 😂.
Buck tf up and shut tf up. You got a shot in your arm, that’s all. It wasn’t a minor surgery haha.
i got anthrax, typhoid, small pox and Japanese Encephalitis Vaccine at one time back in January 2018 and i thought i was going to die the next day. every joint in my body hurt like hell every time i moved. that was not fun

Deleted member 2897

Oh go pound sand you silly twit, we’re laughing about it and not being serious! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.