1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Here's a copy of the incriminating FISA memo that's just been released

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by MikeJackets1967, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

The question of where the info originates from is very important and should be weighed accordingly. Very important.

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Bingo.

3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

The Mueller team appears to have been comprised of partisan individuals. Not a melting pot. That’s why many objected to the makeup of it prior to the release of the FBI texts.

4. RonJohn

RonJohn Helluva Engineer

When I read through stories; left, right, or center; I try to concentrate on finding actual facts. I try to ignore any bias in the writing. I also try to ignore any bias by omission. How a writer tries to spin something isn't important to me.(At least as far was getting info, it is important in understanding credibility of info) Actual factual information is what is important. I am not entertained by Trump is evil, or Hillary is evil type of discussions.

Which in the case of this FISA warrant, I am not convinced of the validity or invalidity of the warrant. The Republicans released a hand waving memo that claims the warrant wasn't valid. The Democrats I believe will be able to release their rebuttal soon which will claim that the warrant was valid, but will likely also be hand waving. Neither side has or will be offering proof, just quasi related facts and quasi related accusations.

5. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Hold on. Surely you aren’t contending that one true sentence in a dossier containing a thousand sentences of lies is grounds for a search warrant?

bwelbo likes this.
  6. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

You had the Bingo,now don’t go off into the weeds again. :D

7. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

8. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

9. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Again, you begin by referring to the current case. I have no idea why you are against seeking agreement in principle before discussing how the shared principle is applied.

Also, my principle 3 was simply being up front and explicit about the source of any political dirt used in an application. It said nothing about whether it was in the body of the text or in a footnote.

So, by rejecting principle 3, you were affirming your support for hiding or obscuring when political dirt was used as a source. Babbling about footnotes just obscures this fact.

10. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Don't ever forget these 3 rules to live by:
    1) Never get involved in a land war in Asia.
    2) Never go in against a Silician when death is on the line.
    3) Never argue about font size or footnotes with Ron John.

11. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I grew up in Central Florida in the 60's and 70's. I can't get too mad at Mr Surf Shop. He and @A Love Supreme disarm me by their font names.

12. UgaBlows

UgaBlows Helluva Engineer

Nunes hates surveillance because he’s probably gotten caught up in Flynn’s mess

“I talk to Flynn virtually everyday, if not multiple times a day,” @DevinNunes said in December 2016. “Seldom there's a day that goes by that I don't talk to Flynn, and especially right after the campaign, directly”

13. UgaBlows

Sen. Feinstein’s rebuttal to the Grassley memo
    https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...40D0A01.steele-criminal-referral-analysis.pdf

“Not a single revelation in the Steele dossier has been refuted. Unfortunately, the claims in the criminal referral rely on classified information, so it’s difficult to fully repudiate them here. However, as much as possible using unclassified information, the following points lay out the flaws in the criminal referral.”

14. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

What does this have to do with the price of rice in China? Do you even know what Flynn was charged with? He didn't fill out the paperwork to register as an agent in a timely manner. They also say that because of that, the way he managed his money then became illegal. So what would any of those things ever have to do with Devin Nunes?

You also can't refute that I was the person who sexually assaulted Jennifer Pendley.

This water carrying is not surprising.

15. UgaBlows

Relax man i’m just putting some info out there, trying to understand Nunes motives.

here’s some more interesting info

“when Repesentative Mike Quigley, a Democrat on the committee, asked Mr. Nunes whether he or his staff coordinated the memo with the White House. Mr. Nunes said he had not — but refused to answer the same question about his staff. Facing a second round of questions on this issue during a committee meeting last week, Mr. Nunes again demurred, except to read a narrow statement that the White House was not involved in the actual drafting.”

16. UgaBlows

Time will tell on Flynn, he made a plea deal and was charged on the very least of his crimes

17. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

You're right, Flynn may be guilty of murder, rape, and armed burglary. We have no evidence to refute it.

18. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I can save you some time - he's a political hack. Everything he does is through that perspective.

19. UgaBlows

Hell they all have that problem

20. UgaBlows

The Grassley/Graham memo is looking like nothing more than an attempt at silencing and/or discrediting trump’s opposition by charging them with bogus crimes

“The criminal referral is not based on any allegation that Steele lied or misrepresented facts about Carter Page or what is included in the Steele dossier. In fact, neither provide any evidence that any of the information in Steele’s dossier is wrong. Instead, the referral is limited to a single baseless allegation: that Steele lied about his contacts with the press.”

“The criminal referral fails to make a case that Christopher Steele lied to the FBI.”

“The criminal referral contains no new information. The facts about Carter Page are not disputed. This Committee should dedicate its resources and attention to getting to the bottom of exactly what Russia did during the 2016 election and who was involved – not attacking voluntary sources and the nation’s leading law enforcement agencies.”