Here Is Phil Steele's 2018-2019 College Football Preseason Top 25

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's Phil Steele's 2018-2019 Preseason College Football Top 25. I think it's highly questionable that he has Arkansas State ranked #25 ahead of UCF and i think Georgia,Texas,Florida and Boston College are highly overrated in this Poll.

1)Alabama

2)Clemson

3)Ohio State

4)Washington

5)Georgia

6)Wisconsin

7)Miami

8)Notre Dame

9)Oklahoma

10)Texas

11)Michigan

12)Penn State

13)Michigan State

14)Boise State

15)Stanford

16)USC

17)Florida

18)Florida State

19)Auburn

20)TCU

21)Mississippi State

22)Utah

23)Boston College

24)Oregon

25)Arkansas State

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Interesting that he has Florida ahead of both Free Shoes U and the Opelika Cow Pasture. Also interesting to see BC crack the top 25.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that he has Florida ahead of both Free Shoes U and the Opelika Cow Pasture. Also interesting to see BC crack the top 25.
I think the best Florida will do is 7-5. Florida's 2019 recruiting class is going to be on the weak side and it's going to be ranked in the upper 30s. I think Florida will be down for a while longer. I think #2 in the SEC East will be a three way tie with

Tennessee 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC

South Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

Florida 7-5 and 4-4 in the SEC

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I think the best Florida will do is 7-5. Florida's 2019 recruiting class is going to be on the weak side and it's going to be ranked in the upper 30s. I think Florida will be down for a while longer. I think #2 in the SEC East will be a three way tie with

Probably a little optimistic with the UT prediction lol making a bowl game will be a BIG hurdle for them with games against WVU, at UGA, Bama, and at Auburn plus Florida, South Carolina, and Mizzou. You could maybe convince me of 6-6/7-5.

I agree with you that S Carolina might be getting a little too much love. Outside of the obvious obstacles of UGA and Clemson, Florida has enough talent (mainly on D and skill positions) to handle them at the swamp, Mizzou won't be an easy out, the Jimbo Fisher Fighting Farmers will be a test, ane the Ole Miss O will also be a challenge.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Probably a little optimistic with the UT prediction lol making a bowl game will be a BIG hurdle for them with games against WVU, at UGA, Bama, and at Auburn plus Florida, South Carolina, and Mizzou. You could maybe convince me of 6-6/7-5.

I agree with you that S Carolina might be getting a little too much love. Outside of the obvious obstacles of UGA and Clemson, Florida has enough talent (mainly on D and skill positions) to handle them at the swamp, Mizzou won't be an easy out, the Jimbo Fisher Fighting Farmers will be a test, ane the Ole Miss O will also be a challenge.
Just making a Bowl would be a great season for Tennessee. College Sports Madness thinks Tennessee will go 6-6 and go to the Texas Bowl.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Just making a Bowl would be a great season for Tennessee. College Sports Madness thinks Tennessee will go 6-6 and go to the Texas Bowl.

Hmmm interesting that 6-6 would get them to Houston. I would expect Birmingham or Shreveport. Realistic record though.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Hmmm interesting that 6-6 would get them to Houston. I would expect Birmingham or Shreveport. Realistic record though.
I think with the amount of Tennessee fans that go to Bowl Games that Tennessee could possibly go to the Liberty or Music City Bowls with a 6-6 record. I think 7-5 or 8-4 would get Tennessee an invitation to the Gator or Belk Bowls.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
I think with the amount of Tennessee fans that go to Bowl Games that Tennessee could possibly go to the Liberty or Music City Bowls with a 6-6 record. I think 7-5 or 8-4 would get Tennessee an invitation to the Gator or Belk Bowls.

Probably accurate

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow

As far as Florida's recruiring goes, it really depends how strong of a season they have. If they can show some progress and finish 8-4 with a win over Tennessee and maybe South Carolina, that would do a lot for them. Of course, the success of FSU and Miami will also affect them.

I will say this though, if Mullen finishes with a class ranked in the 30s (heck, even the mid-high 20s) there will be rioting in Gainesville.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As far as Florida's recruiring goes, it really depends how strong of a season they have. If they can show some progress and finish 8-4 with a win over Tennessee and maybe South Carolina, that would do a lot for them. Of course, the success of FSU and Miami will also affect them.

I will say this though, if Mullen finishes with a class ranked in the 30s (heck, even the mid-high 20s) there will be rioting in Gainesville.
I'm not sold on Dan Mullin it took him 5 seasons to turn Mississippi State around and the Florida fans will not give him that much time:rolleyes: Similar situation with Jeremy Pruitt at Tennessee and the fans at Volnation are saying Tennessee should win 9-10 games in 2019:rolleyes:

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Turning Mississippi State around is quite a feat in itself though lol can you imagine trying to recruit kids to that dump (worst college town in the SEC)? And with those kind of academic offerings (worst in the SEC)? And he took them to #1 in the very first CFP polls. Surprised they haven't changed their name to Dan Mullen State University.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Turning Mississippi State around is quite a feat in itself though lol can you imagine trying to recruit kids to that dump (worst college town in the SEC)? And with those kind of academic offerings (worst in the SEC)? And he took them to #1 in the very first CFP polls. Surprised they haven't changed their name to Dan Mullen State University.
Yeah all the good players in Mississippi want to go to Alabama,Auburn,Tennessee,LSU or Arkansas:LOL: